"New" Island Gypsy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BruceK

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Sojourn
Vessel Make
Integrity 386
I received this from the marketers of the Island Gypsy brand of motor cruisers. It`s coming from Brett Flanagan who was involved selling the Integrity brand in Australia. It borrowed heavily from IG designs, I know, I`ve got one. Integrity is now part of Whitehaven Yachts, I`m guessing Brett Flanagan isn`t part of Whitehaven.

https://mailchi.mp/3779a8e8dac2/introducing-island-gypsy-motor-yachts?e=914dada159
I think it`s a relaunch of a relaunch, it`s not the first time I`ve seen these boats promoted. I imagine they are being built somewhere in Asia, were they built in Australia they`d say so.
Whether they really represent the previous IG genre is a matter for interpretation. One of the boats has, to me, a touch of Halvorsen in the design, from the original single deck boats built 1940-1960.

I received this from the marketers of the Island Gypsy brand of motor cruisers. It`s coming from Brett Flanagan who was involved selling the Integrity brand in Australia. It borrowed heavily from IG designs, I know, I`ve got one. Integrity is now part of Whitehaven Yachts, I`m guessing Brett Flanagan isn`t part of Whitehaven.

https://mailchi.mp/3779a8e8dac2/introducing-island-gypsy-motor-yachts?e=914dada159
I think it`s a relaunch of a relaunch, it`s not the first time I`ve seen these boats promoted. I imagine they are being built somewhere in Asia, were they built in Australia they`d say so.
Whether they really represent the previous IG genre is a matter for interpretation. One of the boats has, to me, a touch of Halvorsen in the design, from the original single deck boats built 1940-1960.

From their website:
Constructed to meticulous spec at the purpose-built factory in Guangzhou, under the watchful eye of many of the original management and craftspeople involved in building Island Gypsy boats, and not far from the original Island Gypsy facility, the brand comprises two model lines, Newport and Classic.

New Series IG 40 spotted!

I`m posting this website link because I actually saw a new series IG40 on the water in Sydney yesterday, in Pinta Bay off Jerusalem Bay. We took a pic of it picking up a mooring as we were leaving, but the website pics are way better than ours. So it`s a reality, the IG continues, albeit in new form, under the direction of ex Integrity guy, Brett Flanagan, in Queensland.

https://igboats.com.au/

Light years away from the original Island Gypsy design.That's both good and bad I suppose.

"Constructed to meticulous spec at the purpose-built factory in Guangzhou, under the watchful eye of many of the original management and craftspeople involved in building Island Gypsy boats".

Gee that's a pretty old workforce given they started producing the IG line in the late 1970's.

Below are some of the original workforce.

And!

involved in building Island Gypsy boats, and not far from the original Island Gypsy facility,

These new boats are built in Guangzhou, the original IG's were built in Hong Kong at Joseph Kong's Hang Hua boat yard.

You may note a slight degree of acerbic comment in this post, however I have been laid up for the past week with this bloody awful flu and it makes me less amiable to 'puff' pieces from PR types.

Attachments

• Scan_20220501.jpg
    Scan_20220501.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Andy,I`d guess the yard is Jiang Hua which built the later IGs and builds Integrity(based on the IG moulds). I`d also guess the IG name was somehow available, the Integrity brand had gone to Whitehaven, so done deal.

No flu here but a tad acerbic anyway. Trust you are better soon.

Back
Top Bottom