Old 10-21-2013, 05:15 PM   #1

City: Hampton Bays, N.Y.
Vessel Name: Grand Yankee
Vessel Model: 1981 49' Grand Banks Classic
I.G. 36' Mk II Single Screw

I was lucky to see a 36' Europa call NAVIGATOR. A very nice vessel for 2 people to cruise. I am now trying to find out if many single screw IG Europas were made. I have seen none in Yachtworld but will keep looking. Any info. about the series made .I would love to get. She had Cummins main with the head to stud. and shower to port with a queen island bed. Great set up. Thanks for your help.
Ron T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:23 PM   #2
Guru

City: Sydney
Vessel Name: Sojourn
Vessel Model: Integrity 386
I`ve not seen/heard of an IG36 here with a single. Some, maybe most 32s,have twins.
Our Europa 36 has head to port(originally it included a shower), with a separate shower to stbd, but I believe it is a PO mod. The shower room was originally wardrobe/dressing table area,I think.
BruceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:42 PM   #3
Hospitality Officer

City: Pittwater
Vessel Name: Sarawana
Vessel Model: IG 36 Quad Cabin
I had always understood that the 36's were primarily twin screw boats and the 32's single. However, that is based on nothing else than my experience.

There appears to be little in the way of archived history on the IG's, which is a real pity. I am sure Halvorsen would have kept proper records of production in Hong Kong, who knows what became of them.

One thing though, it appears that at least some of the boats were shipped out of Hong Kong without the power train in place. For instance the Lehman's on my boat were delivered to Sydney for installation.

I do envy the Grand Banks owners, they have very good documentation on their vessels.

I am going back to Hong Kong early next year and am tempted to try to track down a little of the history, but I have no idea where to start.
Andy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:18 PM   #4

I would guess that some of the people at the Grand Banks factory may be able to give you a lead. Some may have worked there in the past.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:06 AM   #5
Hospitality Officer

City: Pittwater
Vessel Name: Sarawana
Vessel Model: IG 36 Quad Cabin
In the early days as I understand.
Andy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:03 PM   #6

Is there any one out there who is considered the Garu of IG history. Any yacht broker who sold the IG on the East coast who knows the boat well ?? Trying to find out all I can about the 36' Europa MK II. The one I saw was a 1998 model. Single 330 HP Cummins with B/S truster. Head to Stbd. and shower to port. Very nice lay out for 2 people. I am trying to get all the normal specs. WLL. LOA. Beam. Weight. Lay out made. I am at present selling my 50' Cherubini Independence Trawler and hope to find a Single screw Europa. Thanks for any input.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:17 PM   #7
Guru

City: Cruising East Coast US
Vessel Name: Grace
Vessel Model: DeFever 48
Ron,
Give me a shout and we can discuss.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:55 PM   #8
Guru

City: Sydney
Vessel Name: Sojourn
Vessel Model: Integrity 386
According to the Owners Manual for my 1981 Europa, Hull 39.
"Principal Dimensions: LOA 36ft 0"; LWL 32ft 10"; Beam 12ft 6",Draft 3ft 11"; Height 16ft 6"; Displacement 23500lbs/ Tons 10.5.
Mine had shower and head combined to port. A PO created a new compartment in place of a wardrobe/dressing table to stbd, and moved the shower there.
Another version I inspected had the combined head/shower and a side cabin opposite with 2 bunks. Can`t recall which sides.
I have seen a 1991 boat advertised here, it looked largely identical to mine, that covers your year of interest.
I call mine "the selfish couple`s" fitout.
I have not heard of any single engine 36s here, twins were usual, I`m aware of Lehman 120s/135s, and some (overpowered) with Volvo 250s.
I hope this helps.
BruceK is offline   Reply With Quote