Old 09-05-2015, 07:05 PM   #21
Hospitality Officer

City: Pittwater
Vessel Name: Sarawana
Vessel Model: IG 36 Quad Cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceK View Post
A
I don`t think RMYC is so exclusive, but it is a very nice Club with good facilities, and obviously has good members. I just need to get myself moving. I`m not planning berthing there, road access to Brooklyn on the M1 works better than crossing Sydney to reach Newport on Pittwater.
Yes, RMYC is not an 'exclusive' club at all. They are a pretty inclusive mob up in Pittwater. Heck they even let me join 20 odd years ago.

Bruce an interesting point about access to Brooklyn compared to Pittwater from your place. Two things, I suspect the mooring fees are cheaper up at Brooklyn than the RMYC. Sarawana is about $10K per year. Secondly Brooklyn is well up into the Hawksbury, well situated for an up river jaunt and access to Cowan creek and all those excellent waterways.

I have been away for a while and to give myself a treat on return spent four days going up to Wiseman's ferry and surrounds on the mighty boat, beautiful cold crisp days.Next week another treat, off to Cottage Point Inn for a birthday bash with a probable overnight in Smith's Creek.

By the way there are some big expansion plans afoot at the club, a whole new marina arm is being planned(another hike in fees?)
Andy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 01:47 AM   #22
Guru

City: Sydney
Vessel Name: Sojourn
Vessel Model: Integrity 386
Hi Andy, good having you back.
Our berthing is $7560 pa, with no electricity limit. We can be at Refuge Bay in about 35 minutes, and Jerusalem Bay under an hour.
Maybe the extra marina arm will be self funding.
BruceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 07:55 PM   #23

Vessel Name: Liberty
Vessel Model: 57 foot Halvorsen
New Swim Platform

Hi Guy's

we have just completed adding a hydraulic Swim Platform to the stern of Liberty to house our new Brig 380 tender with a 50 hp Honda. It is so simple to use, launching and retrieving the tender in a approx. 1 min. The platform lowers up to 450 mm into the water and then allows us to take the platform up to 720mm above the water. The other advantage is we now have the weight low down in the vessel instead of on the fly bridge. Australian Davits and Cranes were our choice after investigating the different types on the market. The advantage as we see it is that the system does not have any hydraulic rams that can get out of sinc, issues with sea growth etc. The ADC works on a sealed rotary hydraulic motor driving and large spindle that rotates to raise and lower both arms together. ADC were extremely good to work with and we designed it up , had shop drawings produced and approved, took templates and had the Fibreglass platform custom built by Jeff Taylor Fibreglass.
The mechanism was beefed up in capacity and is rated to lift 1200 kg which includes the mechanism at 287kg , the fibreglass platform at 250kg and tender at approx. 300 kg.
I will try and include photo's for you to view.

Cheers Chris D Liberty.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5718.jpg   IMG_5714.jpg   IMG_5708.jpg  
Liberty2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 08:15 PM   #24
Hospitality Officer

[QUOTE=[B]BruceK;363157]
I don`t think RMYC is so exclusive, but it is a very nice Club with good facilities, and obviously has good members. I just need to get myself moving.
[/B]

I'm surprised RT Firefly has not given us the obvious retort,I will deputise for him.

"I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx
Old 02-08-2017, 08:38 PM   #25
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Old 02-11-2017, 06:06 PM   #26
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT Firefly View Post
Is the second person waving, the late Gene Wilder?
Old 02-11-2017, 06:18 PM   #27
Enigma

Mr. BK. Guess again...

Old 02-11-2017, 06:42 PM   #28
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT Firefly View Post
Mr. BK. Guess again...

Barbara Streisand in reverse drag?
Old 02-11-2017, 06:46 PM   #29
Guru

City: Tacoma, WA & Ashland, OR
Vessel Name: boatless, ex: Seeadler
Vessel Model: RAWSON 41
Quote:
Is the second person waving, the late Gene Wilder?
The late Adolph Marx.
AlaskaProf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 06:55 PM   #30
Enigma

Greetings,
Mr. AP. Exactly! Harpo. Quite a talented harpist. (Sorry for the thread drift)

Old 02-11-2017, 07:17 PM   #31
Hospitality Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceK;522422[B
]Is the second person waving, the late Gene Wilder?
Bruce! You are hereby sentenced to watch, 'Duck Soup' & 'A Night at the Opera', there will be a test.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:03 PM   #32
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy G View Post
Bruce! You are hereby sentenced to watch, 'Duck Soup' & 'A Night at the Opera', there will be a test.
I humbly confess: I am not, have not been, a Marxist.
Can I get them on Beta, or VHS?
Old 02-13-2017, 11:28 PM   #33
Guru

City: Port Townsend
Vessel Name: The Promise
Vessel Model: Roughwater 35
Quote:
I humbly confess: I am not, have not been, a Marxist.
Can I get them on Beta, or VHS?
Marx & Lennon
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0473.JPG  
dhmeissner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 11:29 PM   #34
TF Site Team

City: Brisbane
Vessel Name: Insequent
Vessel Model: Ocean Alexander 50 Mk I
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2015 View Post
Hi Guy's

we have just completed adding a hydraulic Swim Platform to the stern of Liberty to house our new Brig 380 tender with a 50 hp Honda. It is so simple to use, launching and retrieving the tender in a approx. 1 min. The platform lowers up to 450 mm into the water and then allows us to take the platform up to 720mm above the water. The other advantage is we now have the weight low down in the vessel instead of on the fly bridge. Australian Davits and Cranes were our choice after investigating the different types on the market. The advantage as we see it is that the system does not have any hydraulic rams that can get out of sinc, issues with sea growth etc. The ADC works on a sealed rotary hydraulic motor driving and large spindle that rotates to raise and lower both arms together. ADC were extremely good to work with and we designed it up , had shop drawings produced and approved, took templates and had the Fibreglass platform custom built by Jeff Taylor Fibreglass.
The mechanism was beefed up in capacity and is rated to lift 1200 kg which includes the mechanism at 287kg , the fibreglass platform at 250kg and tender at approx. 300 kg.
I will try and include photo's for you to view.

Cheers Chris D Liberty.
Nice looking setup Chris. Your previous dingy location looked somewhat precarious! The new one will work really well, and I guess you would normally have to use a 20m berth in a marina, and probably will still fit in one even with the platform.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:51 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insequent View Post
Nice looking setup Chris. Your previous dingy location looked somewhat precarious! The new one will work really well, and I guess you would normally have to use a 20m berth in a marina, and probably will still fit in one even with the platform.
Hi Brian,

Yes we are really pleased with the new set up and the ease of use. We still fit in the same pen and rates are still the same ....... At present!

The distribution of the weight is also a benefit and we can notice the difference in the motion both underway and at rest. We find we are using the tender more as we can launch it in a minute or two and retrieve it in under a minute and raise it up out of the way, and get moving.

I was going to contact you as I notice a new hardtop to the flying Bridge and a new mast ? They look great and I was interested where you sourced your mast from ? Is it a Selene mast ?

Regards Chris D
Old 02-14-2017, 12:18 AM   #36
TF Site Team

City: Brisbane
Vessel Name: Insequent
Vessel Model: Ocean Alexander 50 Mk I
The hardtop is the same one I had custom built in the USA before importing. The mast is the original one. Back when there was a bimini, the mast base was on the flybridge sole, and it had a hinge joint about halfway for lowering. The hardtop had a recess/cutout for the mast which still came off the sole.

What I did last year was cut the mast off just below the hinge, and then lift the top half up to mount it onto the hardtop. That lifted the mast up by about 750mm, enough for us to add a new radar platform. I used the old radar platform for the sat dome. It turned out quite well, and the mast can still be lowered if necessary. The pic shows the setup, with the tall VHF antennae lowered to avoid shading the solar panels.

This all came about by the need to relocate the sat dome so I could move my solar panels forward by 600mm and reduce shading of them by the hardtop. That has been a success too, solar is giving great output.
Attached Thumbnails
Old 02-14-2017, 12:45 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insequent View Post
The hardtop is the same one I had custom built in the USA before importing. The mast is the original one. Back when there was a bimini, the mast base was on the flybridge sole, and it had a hinge joint about halfway for lowering. The hardtop had a recess/cutout for the mast which still came off the sole.

What I did last year was cut the mast off just below the hinge, and then lift the top half up to mount it onto the hardtop. That lifted the mast up by about 750mm, enough for us to add a new radar platform. I used the old radar platform for the sat dome. It turned out quite well, and the mast can still be lowered if necessary. The pic shows the setup, with the tall VHF antennae lowered to avoid shading the solar panels.

This all came about by the need to relocate the sat dome so I could move my solar panels forward by 600mm and reduce shading of them by the hardtop. That has been a success too, solar is giving great output.
Hi Brian,

It is well thought out and executed. Looks very smart .... I like it !

Cheers Chris D