Accessing the Electrical Control Panel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BruceK

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Sojourn
Vessel Make
Integrity 386
The genset on my 1981 IG36 seems not to get preheated using the momentary press switch on the electrical switch panel located beside the helm. It does get heat if I use the switch at the genset. Switch or wiring, I`ll start at the switch first, it may need cleaning the connections, or a new one.
The panel includes 12v and 220/240 sections. There are screws all around the sides of the panel, do I just unscrew them to get access inside?
I do plan disconnecting the 240v power first. :blush:

Gen model?
A few pics would help.
The problem will be on the DC side. Look for the green monster and wiggle every wire. The remote panel usually has a multi-pin connector somewhere. Find it, unplug it and check both ends for corrosion.

Thanks for responding Archie. It`s an Onan MDKD 6.5.
I hoped an older model IG owner had been in there,unfortunately I don`t have a pic in stock.

Bruce, I know your IG set up is different from mine, however I access the control panel from my small bunk cabin, the control panel opens up from the back.

Good luck.

I'm in the middle of replacing windows after having replaced the complete plumbing for the forward head last weekend, a truly awful job.

Thanks Andy. I was onboard today painting etc, no time for the electrics. There is a removable panel which could expose the back of the switch panel, located in what is now the shower but used to be a wardrobe/dressing table in the fwd sleeping cabin, before a PO separated head and shower. Maybe tomorrow. Got my doubts about an electrical panel with an access plate in a shower, but there it is.
The windows will be as big a PITA as fixing the head, but will smell infinitely better. Hope they go well. Put a good bead of Sikaflex where the window frame joins the side of the house before you paint, that`s a classic point for water entry and failure.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom