You Tube Post

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Forkliftt

Guru
Vessel Name
KnotDoneYet
Vessel Make
1983 42' Present Sundeck
Help-
I really want to post a link to youtube showing some maintenance on the Patricia Louise II. The problem is not TF or YT! It's me! I took video at Christmas*with a Sony camcorder we bought about 2 years ago. I can play the miniature disc in the laptop or desktop- but cannot firure out how to import it to youyube. I tried leaving the disc in the DVD tray- and running a USB cable to camcorder. No hope there. Seems I need to edit the video. If this is the case- is there a free download out there or will I have to purchase the software? Thanks in advance. Please keep your answer simple.
smile.gif

Steve

Steve, I think this is more of a general computer question and not really site related. But you should be able to save it from the disk to your hard drive. Put the disk in, go to "my computer" and your drive has a designation...usually "D" for the dvd drive but could be anything after C(just double click to see where it takes you). Find what drive it is on and then you should be able to right click and "save as" or even "copy to" or "send to". Your camcorder provides the format in which the video is made and your computer will have to "recognize" that format for you to be able to play it. You tube would have to recognize the format as well and then they will reformat it for their purposes.

OR

I re read your post and maybe you are trying to get the video from the camera to the puter. When you plug the USB in from the camera, again, it is recognized as a "drive" in the "my computer" section...again, anything after the C drive. Just click on each one until you find it....and then "save as" or "send to" as explained above. Just remember where you send it to so you can go find it. and also realize a video is a big file and may take awhile to upload. I usually start by using the "send to" function and send it to "my documents" and then manage it from there. Hope this helps.

Thanks John,
I'll keep working on it.........
weirdface.gif

Steve

You can edit your video with windows but it is like running a race with gumboots on.
There are very good software for this purpose yet they are not cheap.
Since you will most likely upgrade to a full digital video camera soon enough, such expense may not be warranted. I would go to a gig's shop and ask the guys to edit it to the appropriate format for a fee that will surely be a fraction of the cost of softwre. They may show you how to uplod to you tube too.
PS
Don't you have teenagers in your family? :)

Marc GG

-- Edited by Marc1 at 04:07, 2008-03-17

Back
Top Bottom