Why the app?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cottontop

Vessel Name
Alegría
Vessel Make
Overblue 48
So I'm getting the message prompting me to download the app. Why do I want the app?

In some ways the app can be faster and cleaner to use on an IOS or Android device. I use the app on my phone and my iPad.

What's the advantage?
Dave,
10% faster or 90% faster?
Cleaner? My i-pad's not dirty.

I think all the problems I have are directly related to my i-pad or HughsNet.

Last edited:
I can't give you a percentage figure, I haven't paid close enough attention. It is easy enough to download the app and spend some time getting used to it. I still think it easier to use the website on a PC, but for the iPad I like the app a bit better.

After you get used to it, the new app is not bad. There is a bit of a love/hate curve you need to go thru at first though. :)

Screw the app!
I don't need no stinkin app!!!
"They" have enough ways to track me and my info...
Bruce
P.S. Safari works just fine in IOS

Corrections and edits work differently between the two. It is not seamless.

I only use the app, (but hardly ever do) on my iPhone. Safari browser on the MacBook Air and iPad is fine, and easier to navigate for mine...

Thanks for the responses. I guess the answer is that there is no compelling reason to download the app.

It's not just TrawlerForum. Lots of sites encourage downloading their app. I wonder why?

It's not just TrawlerForum. Lots of sites encourage downloading their app. I wonder why?

Maybe more related to vBulletin rather than any specific vBulletin-driven forum.

-Chris

Back
Top Bottom