Why am I seeing subscription notices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rsn48

Guru
Vessel Name
Capricorn
Vessel Make
Mariner 30 - Sedan Cruiser 1969
On every forum I have ever belonged to I adjust settings so as to not receive email notifications. And I did that here after joining however long ago, one year ago or so. Today I have started receiving subscription notices again without me making any adjustments. ???????

On every forum I have ever belonged to I adjust settings so as to not receive email notifications. And I did that here after joining however long ago, one year ago or so. Today I have started receiving subscription notices again without me making any adjustments. ???????

Do you mean you are once again being notified when someone posts to a thread you have posted to, or just the newsletter one TF sends out with the pick of current threads in it on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Well, that's when I receive them anyway, but we are ahead of the curve here in Oz. If the former, go in and select the no notification option, however, that won't stop the latter general news email, like the one we all got today - or you soon will... :)

I like getting the newsletter. Nope these are notifications. In fact I visited the area you go to unsubscribe, and I can't figure it out this time, but I cleared out all old subscriptions and just received a notification just minutes ago to a thread I responded to.

Can you copy the notification here so we can see exactly what you are getting?

I don't know how my options were modified but they were. I went into CP a number of times but finally figured out how to stop the emails. I think I have the emails halted, I'll hold my breath and hope I'm right. I still can't figure out how the switch from no emails to emails occurred.

To Manage E-mail Notifications:

1) Scroll to the top of ANY screen
2) Select "UserCP" (In the burgundy colored bar)
3) On the left-hand side of the screen you will find the "Your Control Panel".
4) Scroll down the "Your Control Panel" to the "Settings and Options" section.
5) Within the "Settings and Options" section, 'click' "Edit Options"
6) Within the "Edit Options" window, go to the "Recieve E-mail" section to Enable/Disable the following settings:

If you do not want to receive these notices, disable this option.
[] Receive Email from Our Community

If you do not want to receive an email for each request of friendship, you may disable this option.
[] Receive Friendship Request Email

7) Within the "Edit Options" window, go to the "Global E-mail Setttings" section to Enable/Disable the following setting:

This allows you to enable or disable emails coming from the forum system.
[] Disable All Emails

8) Scroll to the bottom of the "Edit Options" windows and 'click' SAVE SETTINGS.

Back
Top Bottom