Unable to edit post

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flyboyscd

I posted my 1983 Atlantic 37 in the classified section yesterday, and forgot to put the price in the ad. I'd like to edit the post, but there is no edit button on the bottom to allow this. Anyone know how I can edit this post?

Thanks for the help....

I think there is a time limit on how long you have to edit then it locks down. Just reply to your own post and put in the price. Cheers and good luck with the sale.

I posted my 1983 Atlantic 37 in the classified section yesterday, and forgot to put the price in the ad. I'd like to edit the post, but there is no edit button on the bottom to allow this. Anyone know how I can edit this post?

Thanks for the help....

Flyboyscd, I found it resisted my efforts to edit also, but I managed to put the price in the header, so that should catch attention. It might be the time elapsed, as the edit button is there. Anyway, we have achieved same object now.

Edit button missing

I had a typo in one of my posts and cannot edit it.

Thank you.

Why is there an "EDIT" time limit at all?

Does it cost money to keep them in place or are the mods just trying to control the masses?

BoatDesign.net keeps the "edit" much longer but I did notice (after searching) that the edit capability eventually goes away. A post of mine that is 2 years old dosn't display the edit option.

If you were in a discussion with another member about a topic, say displacement hulls or something :) , and the other person/people could go back and completely change their position or delete and edit their posts, it could possibly make things worse.

If you were in a discussion with another member about a topic, say displacement hulls or something :) , and the other person/people could go back and completely change their position or delete and edit their posts, it could possibly make things worse.

+1 ... to make it harder to rewrite the history to win an argument ... :blush:

The existing time limit is about right for me. More than enough time to proofread my posts again and correct if necessary.

Makes perfect sense to me! (Uh-oh…)

The edit limits are in place so that folks can't rewrite history. We have had some substantial experience with this unfortunately... trolly posts designed to stir up trouble posted and then edited to "remove" the evidence. We've also had some experience with classifieds being edited in ways that made a pending transaction difficult. Once we even had a torqued kid log into dads account and edit existing posts in uncomfortable ways. :socool:

Currently you can edit a post for 2 hours after you initially make it. It should be long enough to fix egregious typos or add extra thoughts. After that you probably just need to update the thread with a new post. Folks don't go back and reread old posts to look for changes...

Occasionally there is a good reason to edit a post however and if you think this is a concern and need to do this, please message a site team member and they'll give you an assist. :flowers:

Last edited:
Again, I fully understand and agree with your policy.

We're really happy to find this forum! So much information from true experts.

Thank You!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom