Is It Time For Another "Hall of Famer?"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Codger2

Guru
Vessel Name
Circuit Breaker
Vessel Make
2021..22' Duffy Cuddy cabin
It's been a little over 2 years since our first induction into the TF Hall of Fame & RT Firefly is tired of going to the Hall dinners alone.

What do the members think? Is it time for more nominations? If so, all nominations should be entered and accompanied by a short treatise as to why they should be considered. :popcorn:

From where I sit, it should be Marin for record participation. Nary a thread is out of his reach. With over 8500 posts, he dwarfs all others members by many thousands.

Greetings,
Well, you certainly can't knock Mr. Marin out of the running for Viscount of Verbosity and I mean that in the nicest way.

I would nominate someone who has contributed regularly to this site with intelligent contributions, civil discourse and social manners and humor (and a lot of photos!)

There's only one person IMO who fits that bill......markpierce.

Besides, between RTF's videos and Mark's pictures, they'd be very entertained at the Hall of Fame dinners.

Hall of Fame dinners.
I like dinners.
Do you have to be a member to attend.

Never mind they never have these things in Alaska.

But I do second The Mark Pierce nomination.
Even if he dose like cruise ships.

SD

Greetings,
I'd have no problem with sharing dinner as long as I didn't have to pick up the tab but you had better check with the other nominees as to THEIR preference for a dinner partner. Anonymous internet tom-foolery does not an interesting conversationalist make.

4xnMh.jpg

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

img_125302_0_db9690c65393f5138d88c5b9fdeb5976.jpg

I withdraw my second for Mark and change it to.
Marin.
Mr wordsmith himself.

SD

From where I sit, it should be Marin for record participation. Nary a thread is out of his reach. With over 8500 posts, he dwarfs all others members by many thousands.

C'mon now, that's like comparing gas with diesel ... you can't just count total posts. Look at how long the candidate has been around to make those posts and what you get out of them.

Marin, October 2007 with about 8600 posts equals about 4.45 per day.

Mark, September of 2010 (a newbie by comparison) already has 3600 posts for a rate of 4.18 per day and rapidly climbing.

If we were to count bandwidth, Mark is the conspicuous consumer. If we measured bandwidth against content, there really is no contest, Mark is the king of empty calories and Marin delivers the goods.

Greetings,
Well, you certainly can't knock Mr. Marin out of the running for Viscount of Verbosity and I mean that in the nicest way.

I totally agree with FlyWright's excellent suggestion and the reasons for it.

I do not qualify at all because my motivation for participating in this forum is totally different from and very much at odds with the reasons most of the rest of you do.

I do not qualify at all because my motivation for participating in this forum is totally different from and very much at odds with the reasons most of the rest of you do.

We're either going to be in your next book or you're working on your disertation and we're the study subjects. :ermm:

And gets a paycheck besides. Amazing.:popcorn:

I admire Markpierce`s unfailing courtesy and good natured posts. I just know the "Coot" is a happy ship.

In addition to Mark I'd like to see Eric Henning get some recognition. Because:

1. He has participated in the forum almost from its inception.
2. He has more boating experience (by which I mean recreational boating) than 99.999 percent of the participants on this forum.
3. His boating experience has been in waters and geography that can be challenging to say the least. (as opposed to driving up and down a ditch:) )
4. He has a wide range of experience in the marine industry from design to manufacturing.
5. He has a curiosity about things that it's a shame more people don't have.
6. He states his opinions about a wide range of topics and then defends them in a logical way based on what he knows, has learned, or has observed.
7. He is receptive to other people's opinions and new ideas and doesn't automatically pooh-pooh everything that runs counter to his own opinions.
8. He is not afraid to change his opinions or beliefs if he's presented with credible facts or information that show his previously held ideas to be incorrect or less than ideal.
9. He has a cool boat and uses it.
10. He has deservedly earned the respect of everyone here, I think, even those who disagree with him at times.
11. While I have never met him in person and most likely never will, I have formed the opinion based on reading his posts over a bunch of years that he is a really nice guy who would bend over backwards to help a fellow out.
12. He has a 4.0 average on his Civil Discourse tests.
13. Everybody on this forum is the richer, I believe, from knowing Eric even if it's only through his posts.
14. And because I don't want a list with 13 things in it, I repeat, he has a cool boat and uses it.

I second Eric's nomination and add Sunchaser to the list of nominees.

I'm voting for Mark because he has a single-engine boat and a Bruce anchor.

I nominate John baker, founder and first moderator of TF. Without John, where would we go to get all this info. (some of it valid :whistling:) Where would we have the fun we are having and not have to show up in person to defend ourselves, or to submit proof of an obviously questionable post. This forum has had a dramatic effect on many of us (with no real lives :cry:) and the guy who started it all should be enshrined in the Hall, along with Groucho (err.. RT, no one knows his real name!)

John has been the George Washington of trawler Forum and should be lauded for it.

:Thanx: Mr. moderator & I yield the rest of my time to the gentlewoman known as Pineapple girl. :flowers:

Greetings,
Mr. Marin. A little triscadecaphobia there? Hmmm.....Not on TF for the "usual" reasons? Researching as suggested by Mr. Rambler? Thinks GB's are not pleasing to the eye but has one anyway? Pragmatic? Probably. Hmmm.....8000+ posts but still gets paid?...
Moving right along. I concur with all of the suggestions thus far but some may be insulted or put off by being associated in any way shape or form with yours truly and I can FULLY appreciate THAT sentiment.
I do not have the photographic expertise of Mr. Mark, nor his regal demeanor as evidenced by his last post showing him addressing the great mass of the unwashed nor have I ever been accused of being courteous or possessing social manners.
I do not, or will ever have, anything approaching Mr. Eric's experience although I did stay at a Holiday Inn once.
Though I am honored and indeed humbled by my OWN title Mr. SH, may I suggest another "Hall" where the suggested members could enjoy their own kind and not linked to my particular delusions.
League of founding father's.....Old boy's club.....Not to minimize the contributions of our fairer members, perhaps a more generic "Hall"...Suggestion?????? Play nice now kids!
All that being said, Hall of Fame is still fine with me. Majority rules (Except in FL)

Last edited:
RT: That last post is precisely why I nominated you to the Hall over 2 years ago. Well said (and very witty and funny!)

Last edited:
RT, where did you go to school? I'd like my kids to apply there.

Greetings,
Mr. mahal. Schooling had little to do with my current afflictions. School is vastly overrated. I think your kids will be just fine as long as the "brainwashing" doesn't take. Uh oh, this is straying into OTDE territory. I'll stop there.

I'm voting for Mark because he has a single-engine boat and a Bruce anchor.

Good point. At least we know that Mark will be around to enjoy the benefits of the award since his boat will be spared the unleashing of hordes of rabbid deadheads to sink those of us with twin engine boats.

PS--- Eric has a single-engine boat, too.

:Thanx: Mr. moderator & I yield the rest of my time to the gentlewoman known as Pineapple girl. :flowers:

Thank you kind sir. I can't imagine choosing between all these fine nominees! Are we only allowed to select one? :)

Ooooh...now I'm kinda liking that John Baker nomination.

Let's see....

Mark Pierce: Good guy, single-engine Sail-tug driver, bruce anchor, retiree, lots of pictures (which I accredit to the lovely Perla, but Mark earns extra credit for his great taste in shoeless women! :smitten:)

John Baker: founding father, pilot, profiteer after selling TF for an exorbitant amount of money to the highest bidder!! :thumb:

I'm from Chicago where we voted early and often. I don't believe in that today, but I do believe that I can be convinced by other means (ifyaknowwhatImean!! :socool: ) I can't decide right now, but am open to all bribes and other forms of vote taking persuasions.

Are we only allowed to select one? :)

You can nominate as many as you wish, however, as previously stated, a short treatise must accompany each nominee.

Mark Pierce: Good guy, single-engine Sail-tug driver, bruce anchor, retiree, lots of pictures (which I accredit to the lovely Perla, but Mark earns extra credit for his great taste in shoeless women! :smitten:)
... I can't decide right now, but am open to all bribes and other forms of vote taking persuasions.

Al, you forgot "senatorial." ... Do I need to treat you to an Italian restaurant meal this Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom