TF Newsletter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caballero II

Vessel Name
Caballero II
Vessel Make
Grand Banks Classic 36
I used to get a Trawler Forum Newsletter every three days or so, but that seemed to stop earlier this year. Did I fall off a subscription list, or did TF discontinue the practice. I don't see anywhere to resubscribe on the TF site.

Thanks

Same problem here

My newsletter stopped coming a few months ago and all my settings appear to be OK. My Cruisers Forum Newsletter works fine. Several messages sent to the Admin have yielded no response to date. Following with interest.

I used to get a Trawler Forum Newsletter every three days or so, but that seemed to stop earlier this year. Did I fall off a subscription list, or did TF discontinue the practice. I don't see anywhere to resubscribe on the TF site.

Thanks

Mine seems to show up about every 3 days.

Trawler Forum Newsletter

Mine seems to show up about every 3 days.

OK folks. I'm glad you're getting the Newsletter, :facepalm: but the point of the question then becomes how do I get resubscribed? Can anyone offer some help?

I have not received one in months. I'll be watching this thread for the answer.

pete

OK folks. I'm glad you're getting the Newsletter, :facepalm: but the point of the question then becomes how do I get resubscribed? Can anyone offer some help?

I would think that this box under options needs to be checked, see screen shot.......:thumb:

Attachments

• Click option.jpg
    Click option.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 50
You may have spammed it by accident.

I don't think so. I check my spam folder daily and I've never seen it there.

However, even assuming a one-time accidental spam unsubscribed me, the question that is not being answered is "how do I get myself resubscribed"?

I would think that this box under options needs to be checked, see screen shot.......:thumb:

Mike, thanks for the effort but as far as I can tell, I am subscribed to receive emails. However, if you wouldn't mind being a little more specific in the steps to get to that page to double check. Your screen shot is too small and fuzzy for me to read, even with a magnifying glass. This is frustrating.

Mike, thanks for the effort but as far as I can tell, I am subscribed to receive emails. However, if you wouldn't mind being a little more specific in the steps to get to that page to double check. Your screen shot is too small and fuzzy for me to read, even with a magnifying glass. This is frustrating.

Hi, if you click on the thumbnail in my post it should open in a bigger screen for viewing. You go to User CP on the top left, scroll down to Settings & Options, click on Edit Options and that screen I uploaded on the other post shows in red where to mark the check box or just click on this link https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions to get to the page and scroll down to Messaging & Notification and check the box for Messaging & Notification......hope this helps

Last edited:
Hi, if you click on the thumbnail in my post it should open in a bigger screen for viewing. You go to User CP on the top left, scroll down to Settings & Options, click on Edit Options and that screen I uploaded on the other post shows in red where to mark the check box or just click on this link to get to the page and scroll down to Messaging & Notification and check the box for Messaging & Notification......hope this helps

Mike, thank you very much. Clicking on your thumbnail opened it up. I did not know it would. However, I already have the box to allow email reception checked so no go there. I clicked to save again, even though already clicked so maybe something good will happen. I truly appreciated your help.

In the meantime, does anyone know how to communicate with someone at TF who could potentially fix the problem?

Mike, thank you very much. Clicking on your thumbnail opened it up. I did not know it would. However, I already have the box to allow email reception checked so no go there. I clicked to save again, even though already clicked so maybe something good will happen. I truly appreciated your help.

In the meantime, does anyone know how to communicate with someone at TF who could potentially fix the problem?

One other thing is to make sure you scroll to the bottom of the page after you make a change and click "save changes"

…In the meantime, does anyone know how to communicate with someone at TF who could potentially fix the problem?

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the "Contact Us" link. You can send a note to tech support (help desk).

Attachments

• 9E40AAC8-6BFA-4A00-B6E2-182B56EDCEBB.jpg
    9E40AAC8-6BFA-4A00-B6E2-182B56EDCEBB.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 74F9F79F-FC0D-48C4-AC6D-D8EC8318B060.jpg
    74F9F79F-FC0D-48C4-AC6D-D8EC8318B060.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 10
I am in the same boat. Actually I have never received a TF Newsletter. That is frustrating. You have asked the question 3 times. Only usable response is the Edit Options. Mine are also setup to receive emails from TF. Nothing in the Spam folder. I tried "Save Changes". Hope that works. What is the periodicity of the newsletter?

Today I checked that box and scrolled to the bottom to save the new setting.

I guess I never received such a newsletter, so I went searching for the archives. Could not find any, so what does this newsletter contain? Why is a copy not available on the forum, or is it?

Today I checked that box and scrolled to the bottom to save the new setting.

I guess I never received such a newsletter, so I went searching for the archives. Could not find any, so what does this newsletter contain? Why is a copy not available on the forum, or is it?

Here is a link to all of the newsletters: https://newsletter.trawlerforum.com/issues/view/19 ..............:thumb:

Seems to be not that uncommon. After years of receiving, mine had suddenly stopped, either here or Cruisers Forum (I can’t remember which) a few months back as well. I’m not sure if there was a software upgrade at the admin end that accidentally changed something or what. After a couple of weeks, I went into my settings and whilst everything looked ok, I re-confirmed everything and “saved” it… and they resumed. Can’t offer any explanation….

I had never received the newsletter before but after hearing about this, I went last night and checked the tick box and saved it. Well guess what arrived this morning, an email with the subject line: Trawler Forum Newsletter Issue 477 - December 2022 - Week 51. So it looks like it worked for me, now to uncheck it as I have never missed it, therefore I don't need it................:thumb:

Mi e arrived at 1:30 this afternoon

Same as @RochePoint -- check the settings and it was enabled already but had never come. Saved the settings without a change and today the newsletter arrived. Whether I need it is another question ... will see!

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the "Contact Us" link. You can send a note to tech support (help desk).

Larry, thanks for this. I didn't know that contact link was there either. I have just sent a request to tech support. Fingers crossed.

Mike, thanks for the effort but as far as I can tell, I am subscribed to receive emails.

I am in the same boat.

I logged into our mail system and looked up both your accounts. Both of you are subscribed and the logs say the news is being sent but being bounced by your provider.

I've resaved the settings and you may find this helps, but I'm making no promises.

The next newsletter goes out Monday - let's see if it helps. :)

I logged into our mail system and looked up both your accounts. Both of you are subscribed and the logs say the news is being sent but being bounced by your provider.

I've resaved the settings and you may find this helps, but I'm making no promises.

Thanks for this. How do you think I would inform my computer to not "bounce" these newsletters?

Often if you load an email address into your email contact list your machine will see that and pass the message to you.
Otherwise it sees stuff as suspicious or spam and kicks it.

Not with T.F. but I have been caught by this a few times.

Janet, you probably know this, but in case not. If the provider happens to be the same for both or more emails not getting the newsletter then they have blocked the sender email domain as spam.
This happens when a sender sends to (what they consider) too many emails. It does not matter if the receiver has your email in contacts. It does not matter if you send with a different email if it is the same provider.

Often if you load an email address into your email contact list your machine will see that and pass the message to you.
Otherwise it sees stuff as suspicious or spam and kicks it.

Not with T.F. but I have been caught by this a few times.

Great minds think alike. I am going to try this, but not until after Monday to see if whatever Janet H did was effective. If not, then I guess I will figure out how to put newsletter@trawlerforum.com into my address book. I'm not quite sure why the newsletters wouldn't end up in my spam folder if they are being "bounced".

I wondered about the Spam also but who knows sometimes.

THese machines can be goofy. I sometime find messages from people already in my contact list shuffled into the spam file.???????

I wondered about the Spam also but who knows sometimes.

THese machines can be goofy. I sometime find messages from people already in my contact list shuffled into the spam file.???????

You will know of Shaw emails. They put my business email on blacklist when someone there decided I was sending out too many group emails to my clients. Only those with Shaw email had our emails blocked, never went past the server.
Because I am not a Shaw customer it took months to fix the block. My server confirmed they were not blocking outgoing emails. During that time I sent email on a different email server, a work around.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom