Surveyors List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

C lectric

Guru
Vessel Name
Island Pride
Vessel Make
Palmer 32'
I just had a cranial cramp about the LIBRARY use.

Would it be worthwhile to set up and enter a list of Surveyors we have found to be good at their jobs?

Include surveyor names, Business name as business is not always the same as surveyor, location city, and tel #., and the person/member recommending them and a link to the thread.

Survey age also might be of use to let interested parties know when a survey was done.

It would still be up to the person asking to do their own research about the various names but it might be a decent starting point.

The question comes up frequently, who and where.

I realize this could be a mish,mash but just a thought that may be of use to others.

I like the idea. Would definitely have to be the individual's name as I'm sure surveyors within a company could vary. Probably good to list type of boat surveyed such as wood, steel, mono hull, cat, power, sail, and size.

Ted

I might question what determines them to be "good at their jobs"....

Seems to be a hot topic every time surveyors come into question.

As long as specifics are stated about the survey, it shouldn't be a problem...but we all know how many threads debate issues that aren't necessarily even factual.

The contents within the Library are not editable. You would need to modify the file and re-upload the file with amendments. This has the potential to decline into something as useless as YELP.

Ok, fair enough.
A sticky like the used marine parts businesses?
Anyway it was just a suggestion/question and if not doable I'm NOT worrying about it.

Adjusted the title to more accurately reflect the scope of the discussion.

Here you go:
https://www.marinesurvey.org/

Individual threads asking for recommendations in a particular location might help refine a shortlist for you based on TF members recent experience.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom