Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-03-2020, 01:09 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
magna 6882's Avatar
 
City: Elliot Bay
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Intrepid
Vessel Model: North Pacific/ NP-45 Hull 10
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 193
Query re adding a boat manufacturer to list page

in looking at the boats list of the boats builders i dont see north pacific
There are a lot owners who may want post there.
How do i add the name?
__________________
Advertisement

magna 6882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 06:31 AM   #2
Guru
 
OldDan1943's Avatar
 
City: Aventura FL
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Kinja
Vessel Model: American Tug 34 #116
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 6,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by magna 6882 View Post
in looking at the boats list of the boats builders i dont see north pacific
There are a lot owners who may want post there.
How do i add the name?
IF I understand you correctly, you are looking for boat builders in the NW?
Search for American Tug. They are in Washington.
Yes. I own an AT34 (now called an AT36). The only down side of the 34/36 is the small hanging closet (for 2 people). The only remedy is to buy a 41/42, according Kurt, 2 staterooms, 2 closets. I have added about 4 more cabinets and the hydraulic assisted under berth storage in the fwd stateroom.

Iíd be very surprised if American Tug are the only boat builders in the NW.
In my case, American Tug checked all my boxes. It may seems silly but, a separate stall shower was at the top of the list followed by a place for a washer/dryer. IF you buy an AT, we can go over the list of improvements I have made. If you buy an AT and are close to the factory, I am sure they will be happy to work with you on the additional cabinetry.
__________________

__________________
The meek will inherit the earth but, the brave will inherit the seas.
OldDan1943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 07:04 AM   #3
Guru
 
Comodave's Avatar
 
City: Au Gres, MI
Country: US
Vessel Name: Never Say Never
Vessel Model: President 41 DC
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 9,319
If you are referring to Trawler Forum boat manufacturers individual forums, then you should contact one of the web masters and ask that they add it.
__________________
Boat Nut:
If you are one there is no explanation necessary.
If you arenít one, there is no explanation possible.
Comodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 07:27 AM   #4
TF Site Team
 
Baker's Avatar
 
City: League City, Tx
Country: Texas
Vessel Name: Floatsome & Jetsome
Vessel Model: Meridian 411
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,886
We are discussing it. The question is, How many NP owners do we have on here? But we will consider it.
__________________
Prairie 29...Perkins 4236...Sold
Mainship Pilot 30...Yanmar 4LHA-STP...Sold
Carver 356...T-Cummins 330B...Sold
Meridian 411...T-Cummins 450C
Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 08:14 AM   #5
Guru
 
Datenight's Avatar
 
City: Noank, CT
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Datenight
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baker View Post
We are discussing it. The question is, How many NP owners do we have on here? But we will consider it.
Here is one! Our 45 arrives Philadelphia Saturday. Will be changing my avatar soon.

Rob
__________________
North Pacific 39
Datenight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 08:16 AM   #6
Guru
 
Comodave's Avatar
 
City: Au Gres, MI
Country: US
Vessel Name: Never Say Never
Vessel Model: President 41 DC
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 9,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baker View Post
We are discussing it. The question is, How many NP owners do we have on here? But we will consider it.
While I am not one, there seems to be quite a few, or maybe a couple of NP owners that post a lot...
__________________
Boat Nut:
If you are one there is no explanation necessary.
If you arenít one, there is no explanation possible.
Comodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 08:38 PM   #7
TF Site Team
 
City: Ex-Brisbane, now Bribie Island, Qld
Country: Australia
Vessel Name: Now boatless - sold 6/2018
Vessel Model: Had a Clipper (CHB) 34
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 8,162
Send a message via Skype™ to Peter B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comodave View Post
While I am not one, there seems to be quite a few, or maybe a couple of NP owners that post a lot...
Actually, there are only about 8 owners of North Pacific vessels on the board at present. The issue is, if we created a specific subsection for each and every manufacturer it could get the the point of overkill.

More to the point, if folk post in those sections, other than just the hi fellow boat-owner type repartee, their overall readership will be severely depleted, as most who don't own that type will not look in there, yet other vessel type owners may still have a relevant contribution they could make to the post. D'ya see the difficulty as to where to draw the line..?
__________________
Pete
Peter B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 08:49 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
magna 6882's Avatar
 
City: Elliot Bay
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Intrepid
Vessel Model: North Pacific/ NP-45 Hull 10
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B View Post
Actually, there are only about 8 owners of North Pacific vessels on the board at present. The issue is, if we created a specific subsection for each and every manufacturer it could get the the point of overkill.

More to the point, if folk post in those sections, other than just the hi fellow boat-owner type repartee, their overall readership will be severely depleted, as most who don't own that type will not look in there, yet other vessel type owners may still have a relevant contribution they could make to the post. D'ya see the difficulty as to where to draw the line..?

I get it. We would have to have a lot of owners within the group or like you say it would just turn into a friendly chat forum. I was unsure as to how many np owners used and enjoyed the forums. With less then a dozen it wont work since we can communicate direct.
I do really enjoy this forum.
Rod
magna 6882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 09:25 PM   #9
Guru
 
Comodave's Avatar
 
City: Au Gres, MI
Country: US
Vessel Name: Never Say Never
Vessel Model: President 41 DC
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 9,319
I thought that there were more, at least it seemed like it. They must be a group of active posters.
__________________
Boat Nut:
If you are one there is no explanation necessary.
If you arenít one, there is no explanation possible.
Comodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 09:32 PM   #10
Guru
 
menzies's Avatar
 
City: Jacksonville
Country: USA
Vessel Name: SONAS
Vessel Model: Grand Alaskan 53
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 6,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comodave View Post
I thought that there were more, at least it seemed like it. They must be a group of active posters.
God almighty, some of them never shut up!
menzies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 09:51 PM   #11
Guru
 
Nomad Willy's Avatar
 
City: Concrete Washington State
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 17,167
Well if you’ve got 15 boats that produce few posts it may be like 4 boats that post a lot.
But then who knows ahead what the outcome will be.

I don’t think I’ve looked at the Willard section this year.
__________________
Eric

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 10:55 PM   #12
Guru
 
Comodave's Avatar
 
City: Au Gres, MI
Country: US
Vessel Name: Never Say Never
Vessel Model: President 41 DC
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 9,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by menzies View Post
God almighty, some of them never shut up!
That must be why I thought there were more of them...
__________________
Boat Nut:
If you are one there is no explanation necessary.
If you arenít one, there is no explanation possible.
Comodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 05:17 PM   #13
Veteran Member
 
BobnDoc's Avatar
 
City: Edmonds WA
Country: USA
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 65
American Tug deserves to be listed. There are hundreds cruising in the PNW. There is also a Seattle Yachts dealership in Jupiter Fla. that is selling them. Tomco Marine builds American Tugs specifically for each coast. East: Airconditioners and electric stoves, etc. PNW diesel furnaces and gas stoves.
BobnDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 07:04 PM   #14
Guru
 
OldDan1943's Avatar
 
City: Aventura FL
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Kinja
Vessel Model: American Tug 34 #116
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 6,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnDoc View Post
American Tug deserves to be listed. There are hundreds cruising in the PNW. There is also a Seattle Yachts dealership in Jupiter Fla. that is selling them. Tomco Marine builds American Tugs specifically for each coast. East: Airconditioners and electric stoves, etc. PNW diesel furnaces and gas stoves.
Yup, I like my AT34
__________________

__________________
The meek will inherit the earth but, the brave will inherit the seas.
OldDan1943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012
×