Problems accessing thread from E-mail Link

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Art

Guru
Vessel Make
Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Trouble I'm having:

Email come in... but... link on email will not open the thread on TF. On the email I can read who is posting and what they say on the post. I can even open up a picture link of the post that may be attached in copy area of the email. But... when I click [and/or double click] on the link in the email to open a post on a thread all I get is blank white page. This has only been happening for a day or so.

I can still open into TF forum and by scrolling down the right side vertical list of recently used threads get into the thread that will not open from link in an email.

Anyone else having similar difficulty??

Post moved to its own thread.

This is unusual. After a GET, the Response should be an HTTP 200 with the page. Are you currently logged on to TF in the same browser session?

If you use Fiddler to trace the browser requests, what is the response to the GET request?

I'm trying to understand if it is an unexpected response or if the browser is having an issue rendering the page.

This is unusual. After a GET, the Response should be an HTTP 200 with the page. Are you currently logged on to TF in the same browser session?

If you use Fiddler to trace the browser requests, what is the response to the GET request?

I'm trying to understand if it is an unexpected response or if the browser is having an issue rendering the page.

I'm noticing Google Chrome browser has no problem quickly rendering a page... but, the old Google page browser [not same as Chrome] that TF links to on my computer does have problems bringing up a page, any page.

I believe the old Google browser is somehow in coordination with Yahoo; one fashion or another. I'm planning to find time to get a "Connect Tech" rep, an offsite IT service to which I belong, to take control of this computer, do research and produce a solution.

If I understand what they come up with I will report on this thread.

Thanks for your continued concern.

That is interesting TF wouldn't dictate the browser being used. If you're opening Yahoo in Google Chrome and select a link, whether that link triggers a new tab, or a new browser session, I would be surprised for Google Chrome to then invoke some other web browser.

Is it possible this is a setting in Yahoo?

That is interesting TF wouldn't dictate the browser being used. If you're opening Yahoo in Google Chrome and select a link, whether that link triggers a new tab, or a new browser session, I would be surprised for Google Chrome to then invoke some other web browser.

Is it possible this is a setting in Yahoo?

Turns out it is Internet Explorer giving me the trouble; may also be some interaction that IE might have with Yahoo. IE page opener also seems to become confused by some Dell computer and/or ATT updates/upgrades recently placed into my computer.

This super slow page opening [sometimes more than a minute and sometimes so long the page becomes non retrievable] just began happening several days ago. Before then the pages opened in a flash on IE. Pages still open quickly on Google Chrome. However page opening for TF is not on Chrome... it's on IE; for my computer anyway!

Is this page added to Trusted Sites in IE? IE is kind of a pig, I stopped using it a while ago because it hung so much. I'll see if I can set up a Yahoo account and reproduce the issue. If you can get the E-mail link in Yahoo to default to Chrome, then this issue could be avoided.

Is this page added to Trusted Sites in IE? IE is kind of a pig, I stopped using it a while ago because it hung so much. I'll see if I can set up a Yahoo account and reproduce the issue. If you can get the E-mail link in Yahoo to default to Chrome, then this issue could be avoided.

True

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom