Old 05-15-2020, 09:23 AM   #1
TF Site Team

City: Jacksonville
Problems posting pictures

Check out the sticky on How to Post Pictures.
Larry M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 08:47 PM   #2
Al
Guru

City: ketchikan, Alaska
Vessel Name: 'SLO'~BELLE
Vessel Model: 1978 Marben-27' Flybridge Trawler(extended to 30 feet) Pilothouse Pocket Cruiser[
Larry, I am attempting to follow your instructions, I am in the text box of reply and now looking for manage "attachements".
All I see is "Additional Options" none of which opens a new window.

This posting of photos has been my bain from the first post I made. I am not a tecky type obviously, so with this effort I am going to hang on to your shirt tale as you work with me. If you want on a PM fine, but open forum is okay too, I am not to proud to admit the many efforts by other forum members in trying to help have not yelded any telling success. so I will wait your further instructions.

Al
Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 09:04 PM   #3
Guru

Vessel Name: SONAS
Vessel Model: Grand Alaskan 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al View Post
Larry, I am attempting to follow your instructions, I am in the text box of reply and now looking for manage "attachements".

This posting of photos has been my bain from the first post I made. I am not a tecky type obviously, so with this effort I am going to hang on to your shirt tale as you work with me. If you want on a PM fine, but open forum is okay too, I am not to proud to admit the many efforts by other forum members in trying to help have not yelded any telling success. so I will wait your further instructions.

Al
Did you click on Go Advanced?
menzies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 09:08 PM   #4
Guru

Quote:

Al
Did you click on Go Advanced?

Then Manage Attachments?
Old 05-16-2020, 10:52 PM   #5
TF Site Team

City: Ex-Brisbane, (Australia), now Bribie Island, Qld
Vessel Name: Now boatless - sold 6/2018
Vessel Model: Had a Clipper (CHB) 34
Well, actually its in under the screen called Additional Options, then down to Attach Files, then you have the button to 'Manage Attachments', so it is a bit tricky. I think I might see if I can edit the sticky to make that part a bit clearer...

Done..!
Old 05-16-2020, 11:03 PM   #6
Guru

City: Boston Area
This may be easier:

1. Go advanced
2. Click on the paperclip icon in the center top
3. Choose file
4. After you find the photo on your computer click on it....then click "upload"
5. Scroll to the bottom of the pop up and click "close this window"

The photo is now attached......type whatever text you want and post it. (By clicking on Submit Changes - Mod. Edit)
Benthic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 11:17 PM   #7
TF Site Team

Yes, that works also. By the way, just clicking on the Post Reply button, underneath the previous poster's details in the grey zone left of post, rather than popping your cursor in the 'Quick Reply' window, automatically makes you in 'Advanced mode'. It's only if you started out in Quick Reply, then decided you wanted to add a pic or two, that you need to then go down and select 'Go Advanced'. Same thing if you suddenly wanted to access the Smilies.
Just sayin'...
Old 05-18-2020, 01:35 AM   #8
Al
Guru

Vessel Model: 1978 Marben-27' Flybridge Trawler(extended to 30 feet) Pilothouse Pocket Cruiser[
Well we will attempt this sample, photo content unknown till I see it open
as of this point in typing, there is nothing to indicate that a uploaded photo will appear. Here we go!

Well, that didn't go well! following Benthic2's list I went advanced, clicked on the paper clip, choose a file related to boat photos, however, all I had were numbers related to the photos, but no picture on the computer screen to view; I ciicked 'Upload" on the selected number (No photo viewed) and closed the window. so here I am typting what I want and again will submit.

nothing, a simple glinch of some factor. sorry for being slow on this
Old 05-18-2020, 02:33 AM   #9
TF Site Team

Quote:
Well we will attempt this sample, photo content unknown till I see it open
as of this point in typing, there is nothing to indicate that a uploaded photo will appear. Here we go!

Well, that didn't go well! following Benthic2's list I went advanced, clicked on the paper clip, choose a file related to boat photos, however, all I had were numbers related to the photos, but no picture on the computer screen to view; I ciicked 'Upload" on the selected number (No photo viewed) and closed the window. so here I am typting what I want and again will submit.
Nothing, a simple glinch of some factor. sorry for being slow on this
Al, can I ask, what system are you using..? Is it a Mac or Windows based set-up..? Also are you on a laptop or doing this on a tablet or phone, and if so which type..?

However for Mac based systems, the following must work.
It sounds like when you click on the paperclip icon, and go to choose in the upload screen, you are not actually being taken to your photos, but to a URL of your photos.

Try this. When you are taken to the window that opens when you click on 'Choose File', if that does not take you to your photos, go left to the column that appears showing all the files on your computer, and scroll, (usually down), to the file that is called photos. Click on that, then, select the actual small photo that appears, often in a series of rows, but they need to be actual pictures, not just numbers. Select from there the one(s), one at a time, then click on the blue 'choose' button icon that appears lower right of screen...then the screen will flick back to the choose file screen, and your pic will be listed as numbers of a jpeg. Repeat for each photo, then, click on the upload button, wait until they load, which is shown by them disappearing from the choose list, but they then appear down below in the add attachments part.

Close the upload window, then go down and click on the 'Submit Reply' button, making sure you hit the one just below where the jpegs of your pics are listed. They should then appear in the post, like this...
Attached Thumbnails
77B4EAFD-90E1-4C63-B525-3A72FC4B4D8A_1_105_c.jpeg  
Old 05-18-2020, 06:05 AM   #10
Guru

Is it an acceptable file type (jpeg, png etc.).

Also it will not upload over a certain size - and not tell you!

Try a test use a jpeg at a 640X480 resolution and see what happens
Old 05-18-2020, 04:51 PM   #11
Al
Guru

Thanks Peter B. Will give it a go.

No luck, I chose a file and dis as you directed, found 'Pictures' and they did appear, however, after choosing a photo, which turned blue, I could not locate anywhere the choice: "blue choose' button.

Look guys, I am sure to be frustrting you folks, so to end the misery, I am toyng to employ my young 'Wizard' at the local computer world and have him go over the tips and work this out. I will post the success upon obtaining.

Again, thanks,
Al- (the one with the 'stone' tablet!!!
Old 05-18-2020, 07:09 PM   #12
TF Site Team

Quote:
Thanks Peter B. Will give it a go.

No luck, I chose a file and dis as you directed, found 'Pictures' and they did appear, however, after choosing a photo, which turned blue, I could not locate anywhere the choice: "blue choose' button.
Ok, clearly you are browsing to the wrong place in your computer. It should be 'photos' not pictures you access them from. PB
Look guys, I am sure to be frustrting you folks, so to end the misery, I am toyng to employ my young 'Wizard' at the local computer world and have him go over the tips and work this out. I will post the success upon obtaining.
Again, thanks,
Al- (the one with the 'stone' tablet!!!
Or you could do that. Yes, I often give that advice. If someone in 'our' age-group is having issue with IT, I usually advise then to ask their grandkids to show them. Someone in their teens or twenties, anyway. They usually know - they are growing up on this stuff.