Private Message

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rochepoint

Guru
Vessel Name
Roche Point
Vessel Make
1985 Cheer Men PT38 Sedan
the new mail system is always showing 1 new message even though I read it, how do I get it to not show as a new message?

That's a good question!* I just looked at my PM box and noticed the new format.* Did you try checking all of the boxes and saving as "Read"?

Does anyone else out there know what may be going on?

Remember, we pay to have this forum hosted for us. We don't alway get notified when they make upgrades. Sometimes it takes us a little time to figure things out. And very rarely, they will actually introduce a new bug in the program.* Please email or PM us if you think you have discovered a bug in the program.

Thanks for being a member!
smile.gif

I tried everything I could think of, maybe someone else knows the secret........

Open TF in another browser if you have it. I always run Firefox and use Internet Explorer to verify problems like this.* If your secondary browser does not show the same symptoms the problem is in your browser cache, cookie or history files.

Anybody else seeing this out there?
cry.gif

Hi Doug
Used three different browser, cleared the cache and even tried my Ipad....no joy. I will just wait for a second PM and see what happens. Thanks for your efforts. Keep up the great work with the site, I look after our yacht clubs site and understand the joys of the things.

PS. I even deleted all my PMs, still there.

-- Edited by rochepoint on Sunday 27th of November 2011 11:25:11 AM

Send me a PM and I'll play with it to see what gives.

rochepoint wrote:
Hi Doug
Used three different browser, cleared the cache and even tried my Ipad....no joy. I will just wait for a second PM and see what happens. Thanks for your efforts. Keep up the great work with the site, I look after our yacht clubs site and understand the joys of the things.

PS. I even deleted all my PMs, still there.

-- Edited by rochepoint on Sunday 27th of November 2011 11:25:11 AM
*Mike,

Are you talking about the box on the left side of the header titled "Fourm News"?**If so*I have the same*"You have 1 new item"*and it just doesn't go away.* This happened when the T shirt notice was posted.

Something is messed up with the PM inboxes. For the last week it has told me I have a new PM but there is nothing there. In fact, Moonstruck it seems, sent me a PM the other day and it never arrived. i have tried clearing the cache and checking both via firefox and safari and the new PM notice remains even after checking all as "read." I want my trawlerforum refund!!! ;)

Woodsong wrote:I want my trawlerforum refund!!! ;)
*It's in the mail.* PM mail that is.

I will open a ticket with our provider to see if they can figure out what is going on.

All concerned TF members,

This is the reply that I have received from our forum provider:
<pre>Hi Doug, With the transfer to the new PM system some users unread
count may have gotten out of sync. Make sure that the user has gone
through all the pages of his PMs and marked them as read. We are
looking into this and we thank you for bringing it to our attention.
I'll be sure to let you know when it's resolved.

Stay tuned......</pre>

Thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom