Posting pictures directly from iPad fail...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roguewave

Guru
Vessel Name
bout’ time
Vessel Make
Grady White 282 Sailfish
Just got a new iPad and every time I try and post a picture the forum website it crashes and the screen goes back to my screen saver. Any ideas why? Sure like to get a pic of my boat up once in awhile.
Thanks

Need to trade it in on a Samsung.

We're looking into it, roguewave. Will get back to you...

The app allowed it, thanks

There yah go...solved...
I must say I don't think I ever tried posting a pic from my iPad, because most of my pics are taken on my iPhone, then dowloaded to my MacBook. I must try it myself.

Ok, let's see...what relevant pics do I have on here..?
Ok, well, it only posted the last pic. I put up 4, showing my recent repair of my wind genny, an Airbreeze, which stopped charging. Thankfully turned out to just be carbon dust on the contacts, not expensive parts failure. That was using the browser app, Safari, not the TF iPhone/iPad app.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
This is my 3rd iPad so I'm kinda familiar with em but I have not had this problem in the past. I must have some settings wrong somewhere. As soon as I touch the picture icon, it crashes right away.
Thanks for the help, and nice wind gen. Does it make much noise?

because most of my pics are taken on my iPhone

Things I never thought I would hear when I had a rotary dial party-line.

Ken

I find it very convenient to upload pictures I might want to share to a web service like Google photos (nee Google+ nee Picasaweb). This happens automatically with my Android phone, iCloud the same thing. Then just use the picture icon on the TF, or whoever website and paste in the image address.

Unfortunately I have been useing shutterfly for 10 years or so and it does not work so well when trying to post pics from it (from iPad). Time to move to something else I guess but I have sooo many albums and pictures there I hate to move. :banghead:

This is my 3rd iPad so I'm kinda familiar with em but I have not had this problem in the past. I must have some settings wrong somewhere. As soon as I touch the picture icon, it crashes right away.
Thanks for the help, and nice wind gen. Does it make much noise?

No, and that upload was a video which had sound as well, and the whistling sound is really all you hear. But from the iPad it appears not to have a playback or sound option. I'll try to post it again from my trusty MacBook.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom