Post Timeout

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

koliver

Guru
Site Team
Vessel Name
Retreat
Vessel Make
C&L 44
It's back.............:banghead:
Also very slow loading to different posts.

I spent a few minutes this morning, drafting a thoughtful post and when I hit "submit reply" that notice popped up and my post was lost. Bummer.

I spent a few minutes this morning, drafting a thoughtful post and when I hit "submit reply" that notice popped up and my post was lost. Bummer.

I had the same problem this morning. But when I hit the back button my post was still there. I copied the post to an email and sent it to my tablet. For some reason I can post with my tablet but not my phone. (In fact I tried to post this from my phone and had the same problem again)

What you're experiencing is an Idle Timeout. Session activity is comprised of GET methods (clicks) and POST methods (Submit New Thread/ Submit Reply).

Clicking New Thread, Reply, or Quote will be a GET. However the typing of text in the text field is done locally on the browser, not the web site. The text is uploaded as a POST when you hit Submit Reply or Submit New Thread.

If the time between the GET (Reply) and the POST (Submit reply) is greater than the session idle timeout, you will timout.

If I think my reply is taking too long to draft, I'll copy it before submitting in case I timeout.

What you're experiencing is an Idle Timeout. Session activity is comprised of GET methods (clicks) and POST methods (Submit New Thread/ Submit Reply).

Clicking New Thread, Reply, or Quote will be a GET. However the typing of text in the text field is done locally on the browser, not the web site. The text is uploaded as a POST when you hit Submit Reply or Submit New Thread.

If the time between the GET (Reply) and the POST (Submit reply) is greater than the session idle timeout, you will timout.

If I think my reply is taking too long to draft, I'll copy it before submitting in case I timeout.

How long is "too long"? I have had longer "timeout" to draft a thread in the past without losing my post, so is the time now shorter? How about a warning that your time is approaching trash time?

How long is "too long"? I have had longer "timeout" to draft a thread in the past without losing my post, so is the time now shorter? How about a warning that your time is approaching trash time?

I would have to research the actual session timeout value. I don't know that any timeouts have been changed.

I'll be happy to submit the enhancement request.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom