Odd forum behavior. Software related?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ben2go

Guru
Vessel Name
Shipoopi
Vessel Make
derilic sailboat
When I have two browser windows open to the forum, and another window is open, I get an error saying "website not found". Sometimes I get a 404 or 504 error. Next time it happens I will be sure to get a screenshot and post it.

Usually, when I have more than one window open to the forum, it's because I am following links from one thread to several others.

OS Win 10 Home

Browser Firefox Quantum 62.0 (64bit)

By the way, this Win 10 ordeal is a new experience for me. I am a Linux Mint guy.

I should mention I do the cookie/cache delete deal after shutting down my browser every time.

Does the same occur when you have multiple tabs open rather than Firefox windows?

Does the behavior occur when you disable the "cookie/cache delete deal"?

Does the "cookie/cache delete deal" allow sessions to be shared? Are the same Session Cookies present when a new session (window) is opened?

Are you on wireless internet? I get similar problems in many web sites when on wireless (cell tower based) internet. Especially when using a coastal rural tower near an interstate hwy. I think when the hwy is crowded, many people using phones, the tower is overwhelmed. I use Windows 7. I'll never use 10 again.

Does the same occur when you have multiple tabs open rather than Firefox windows? Yes, I meant multi tabs not many windows.:facepalm: Sorry for the confusion.

Does the behavior occur when you disable the "cookie/cache delete deal"?
I don't use the built in function. I do it manually.

Does the "cookie/cache delete deal" allow sessions to be shared? Are the same Session Cookies present when a new session (window) is opened?
No not in my set up. None are shared or stored in any way that I can tell. Once deleted on the last tab or window opened, it should clear out everything I would think.

It's a puzzle. Brain teaser? :hide:

Thanks for the help. I'll keep checking and post back if something new comes up.

Are you on wireless internet? I get similar problems in many web sites when on wireless (cell tower based) internet. Especially when using a coastal rural tower near an interstate hwy. I think when the hwy is crowded, many people using phones, the tower is overwhelmed. I use Windows 7. I'll never use 10 again.
I ain't likin 10. 7 was ok and I learned how to manipulate the OS to my liking. I don't use a cell phone for internet unless I feel I absolutely have to. I do use my home wifi I set up. I have 100mb service through my cable company.

We use cookies to keep you logged in and help navigation between pages to this may be the issue. You can specifically enable cookie exchange with the site in your browser settings.

Regarding Win 10... give it a chance. I hate change but have found that W10 is pretty stable and faster than W7. You can configure the settings to make it look a bit like W7 which will help you find the settings and tools (often the most painful part of an upgrade)

We use cookies to keep you logged in and help navigation between pages to this may be the issue. You can specifically enable cookie exchange with the site in your browser settings.

Regarding Win 10... give it a chance. I hate change but have found that W10 is pretty stable and faster than W7. You can configure the settings to make it look a bit like W7 which will help you find the settings and tools (often the most painful part of an upgrade)
So far everything has been fine. It was just the other day that things seemed to go sideways. Thanks.:Thanx:

Here is the error message I`m getting, moving between threads.

I had an earlier but different error message, same circumstance, which said TF was being notified.

"If you are the owner of this website:

There is an issue between Cloudflare's cache and your origin web server. Cloudflare monitors for these errors and automatically investigates the cause. To help support the investigation, you can pull the corresponding error log from your web server and submit it our support team. Please include the Ray ID (which is at the bottom of this error page). Additional troubleshooting resources."

I haven't ran into that one,,,,,yet.

Here is what I ran into last night. I had three TF tabs open to help me relay some info to a member. Nothing else was open in the browser and no other windows were open.

I'm still running Win 10 with Firefox Quantum ver. 62.0.3.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-10-03 www trawlerforum com 524 A timeout occurred.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-10-03 www trawlerforum com 524 A timeout occurred.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 65

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom