Move OTDE?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marin

Guru
If it's decided that the OTDE section has some merit, either by providing a place for participants to talk about subjects not related to boating or to simply funnel off-topic discussions away from the boating sections so John doesn't have to play censor, one thing to consider is moving this section to the very bottom of the forum completely away from the boating topics.* That way someone new to the site may not encounter it right off and so not think that this is the "norm" in all discussions on TrawlerForum.* The "Dock Talk" section on the Grand Banks owner forum is right at the bottom and you have to scroll down quite aways to get to it.

I thinki it's just fine as is, where is. As someone else mentioned, it's a "safety valve" to keep that type of discussion out of the rest of the board. If you hide it, it could defeat the purpose, especially with newbies who might not see it right off. If you take it away, I imagine the board will have all the off topic stuff under general discussion.

If you don't want to participate in the OTDE section or don't like the content, don't go there. Pretty simple.

Keith,

*** You missed the point. Thats what we want .. to reduce the likelyhood of newbies seeing our trash.
Marin,
*** Mabe thats not such a bad idea. It could increase the use of the forum by make.

Eric Henning

-- Edited by nomadwilly at 15:46, 2009-01-25

Thanks for the suggestions onthe OTDE section.* Since all good taverns have a "back room" for gambling and such, I think that this site should retain the OTDE forum.* Maybe the entrance should not be so close to the front door.

Well folks, what do 'ya think?
smile.gif

Doug,
I think that every good organization has someone that makes the final say...... And you just did.
Steve

I like it right where it is.

I think it should be "saved". The actual location doesn't make any difference to me but if it were my decision, I'd tack it on at the very end.

Walt

" to reduce the likelyhood of newbies seeing our trash."

You don't think newbees are attracted by real free speech?

Remember many are fleeing boards like TT that is run with BOARD NAZIS , where only some few versions of reality may be posted.

Nothing that might offend a future list purchaser, or mag producer.

Don't you think this whole section would be more appropriate for Craig's List, "Rants and Raves"? I'm just saying, what has this section got to do with boating. OK, I'm done!!!

I'm with you Doug.** *Carey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom