Moderators - thread Approval/Comment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mvweebles

Guru
Vessel Name
Weebles
Vessel Make
1970 Willard 36 Trawler
I joined TF last fall, but have been an active Trawler guy for years, and am ex-delivery skipper working the Pacific Coast.

I'm in the midst of refitting my 1970 W36 with intent of retiring and heading cruising with other half of 23 years. We've owned "weebles" for over 22 years, and the time has come to refit her stem to stern. It's our last hurrah with this boat so we are essentially buying her again (meaning, expenses for refit). New tanks, new hard top, remodeled interior, new galley, new head, etc. For the most part, boat has been stripped to the hull and rebuilt /restored .

Question to the moderators: best way to share an ongoing refit story? I'd like to share the journey of my refit with TF, the good/bax/ugly. Plenty of pictures, no YouTube, no Patreon, no profit motive. Just a dialogue of weekly progress (well, I'm 10-months in, so there's some catching up to do). Is this something that you would fit within the rules? Would be a couple updates a month with pictures. There is no profit motive whatsoever

If so, what sub forum? Any rules I should be aware of? How should I label the posts ("Weebles Refit #1" etc)? I don't want to be a nuisance and don't want to set a bad precedence, but my hunch is this would be interesting to the membership.

Thoughts?

Peter
M/V Weebles

As others have commented, Peter, the precedent has been set for this kind of project, most notably by Matt Hendo in this section here...

https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/#trawler-builders-forums
under the heading 'Custom Builds & Refit Projects'

So, by all means, choose a title and start a new thread in that section, and you're away...

Last edited:
MVWeebles
Your hunch is right on the mark and no approvals necessary. I would echo the comments of others encouraging this type of story as it is both informative and interesting to watch a rebirth that reflects personal preferences vs a manufacturer's ideas.
Hendo's thread with nearly 5500 posts has been enjoyed by many of us.
Also see O C Diver's refit which was also an informative and popular thread. https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=396134
I find taking pictures during the work is sometimes challenging. I get the before and after in most cases but dont think enough about the in process shots that are sometimes really helpful.
Best of luck with the project(s) and looking forward to the story.

As others have commented, Peter, the precedent has been set for this kind of project, most notably by Matt Hendo in this section here...

https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/#trawler-builders-forums
under the heading 'Custom Builds & Refit Projects'

So, by all means, choose a title and start a new thread in that section, and you're away...

WOW! I only scrolled through a few pages to see the wood hull split in pieces - what an incredible project! Weebles isn't quite that ambitious (she is fiberglass, afterall), but is nonetheless pretty comprehensive.

Thanks for the guidance and encouragement. Matt Hendo's template is indeed helpful - wasn't sure whether to start a single thread or multiple. And thanks for URL pointers.

Peter

We all look forward to your massive upgrade of your boat. We have been following 2 others for well over 1-2 years. Lots of pictures and dialog.
Bring it on WINK

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom