Moderator Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leonard Atkins

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Dream Come True
Vessel Make
2000 Rosborough RF-246 & 2018 18' Carolina Skiff Center Console
This past week after logging in I posted 2 replies to the "When To Retire" thread using the reply button. Neither reply was posted. Any idea what the problem may be?

Leonard

This past week after logging in I posted 2 replies to the "When To Retire" thread using the reply button. Neither reply was posted. Any idea what the problem may be?

Leonard

You've been retired!! :D

Are you sure you waited to see it come up after hitting submit - maybe you switched screens too quickly?

It has happened to me, too! When it does I suspect it is a computer operator malfunction. [:D]
It's happened to me also! Upon a thorough investigation, I found the problem to be "a short between my chair and the computer keyboard." :blush:

Not sure where the issue may lie. Have not had issues sending prior responses to other threads. Will see if this response is successful.

Leonard

Well, that response made it through okay. Guess I'll just chalk the issue up to gremlins.

Leonard

It's happened to me also! Upon a thorough investigation, I found the problem to be "a short between my chair and the computer keyboard." :blush:

Many years ago when I was starting out in the IT Helpdesk we used to call that a "Pebcak Error" (Problem Exists Between Chair and Keyboard).

Q: As in "What was the problem with Sally in Accounting"?
A: "Oh typical.....Pebcak trying to print a file".

Well, that response made it through okay. Guess I'll just chalk the issue up to gremlins.
Leonard

Tha answer is obvious. You weren't holding your tongue in the right place - happens all the time...:)

It might be that you spent too much time making the response. It seems a post will "time out" if it takes more than about 5 minutes to formulate it. This happens to me when I type out a long winded post. Or maybe there is a long & boring post filter. :)
To avoid this I sometimes type it out in MS Word then cut and paste it into TF.

If you are using wifi and if the connection is dropped [less ))))) bars] it will be sent into the ether. I notice that when doing emails, they sit in the outbox and then need a nudge to move out. I have a laptop on wifi and the internal wifi card needs to be rebooted or wait till it works again. I solved that with a USB 5.0 and run 2.4 & 5.0 simultaneously with no more issues until signal drops from router.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom