" Like " Button

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Still don`t get what it does that "Thanks" does not. Except maybe publicity for the "liker".
Practical issue: My partner is on FB(I call it farcebook),a lot. Says there is a problem saying something nice/supportive via "like". Someone posts about an injury, a death, a breakup, a loss...; "like", while a simple expression of interest, just seems wrong when acknowledging a sad event.

I have always equated hitting the like button to agreeing with the post more than liking the poster. Although I do like the pie in the face that RT is advocating for :).

I'm thinking why all the posts & discussion when we already have both LIKE and DISLIKE...?
I addition to the THANKS function not to mention RATE THIS THREAD???

[emoji106]LIKE !!

[emoji107]DISLIKE ¡¡¡

If you resist adding comments it doesn't take up much real estate and others get to see who agrees / disagrees vs a bunch of anonymous likes

Last edited:
Greetings,
OK. If you're going to add a "like" button, how about adding a "don't like" button as well? I can see where this is going...

200.gif

Yes, we need a 'groan' button then.

I have been on forums with both like and groan, and you quickly know who agrees with you or not. A like button to me is more of a confirmation or encouragement button for the person saying something

Last edited:
First you say you are not on Facebook--- later you go on and on describing Facebooks inner workings??????????????????????

I'm sorry if I didn't explain it well. I'm NOT on FB so I can't say how anything works there.

I was describing the way "Like" works on another forum I belong to.

I'm sorry if I didn't explain it well. I'm NOT on FB so I can't say how anything works there.

I was describing the way "Like" works on another forum I belong to.
Last week my housekeeper said to me- showing me her smartphone---" Look George" "I have 236 "likes" on my Facebook! I asked her --do you know these people? Do they know you?" She gave me a funny look. "No." Poor thing.

OK---- Change it to "strongly dis-LIKE" or "cant stand it" or "it seems to stink" LOL

I’m trying to get out of you what you don’t like about FB.
I suspect you feel it identifies you as a certian type of person. Perhaps there’sa widespread notion FB is a predominantly female activity.

I’m trying to get out of you what you don’t like about FB.
I suspect you feel it identifies you as a certian type of person. Perhaps there’sa widespread notion FB is a predominantly female activity.
My opinion is that "it" is a total load of crap where people put their information online in hopes that their identity and very existence becomes "validated " by others -- all the while their information is sold to advertisers (and fraudsters). Facebook has indeed found a weakness in the human psyche and they are exploiting it for big bucks. Not to mention that 40% of Facebook accounts are fraudulent. :dance:

Go to my FB page and find some “information” I’d not want you to have.
“Total crap” is way too subjective to respond to.
I don’t mind looking or listening to adds to get a service. You don’t either .. here on TF for the obvious reason.
Fraudulent? In what way?

You’re whole opinion of FB is way to subjective to accept or even debate.

Go to my FB page and find some “information” I’d not want you to have.
“Total crap” is way too subjective to respond to.
I don’t mind looking or listening to adds to get a service. You don’t either .. here on TF for the obvious reason.
Fraudulent? In what way?

You’re whole opinion of FB is way to subjective to accept or even debate.
Good -then 'debate ' closed.

Just so everyone's clear about what we're taking about, I took the time to snip some screen shots of the "like" feature from another forum.

Each post has a "Like" link (not a graphic, so it doesn't take up much screen real estate OR bandwidth.) If one or more people have clicked it (which is probably NOT the case for most posts) then there will be another line of text only to indicate that:

4339-albums438-picture4889.jpg

If YOU have clicked "Like," then you can see that, and have the option to "Unlike." I suspect that's only really there in case you click on it by accident:
4339-albums438-picture4890.jpg

Facebook management says they deleted 1.136 Billion fake accounts in 1 year mid 2017-2018 :flowers:

geoleo,
OK good.
Now that we’ve talked so much about an hour my fingers went look button so now I’m ready to go. Was on FB an hour or ago an then was look’in for a like button here. Let there be light. HaHa

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom