Interesting problem with iPad TF app

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marin

Guru
This just cropped up. The iPad app for TF, which has worked fine until now, today has "dead" corners on the display. For example, the upper right arrow to start a thread, reply to a thread, etc. no longer works. Neither do the buttons on the right side of the screen, like the little blue "v" or the command buttons at the bottom. But.... when I rotate the iPad around, these symbols work but symbols in the other corners don't.

My first thought was a problem with the iPad's touch screen. But all the other apps on the device, all of which have buttons in all the corners and along all the borders, work just fine no matter how the iPad is oriented. Only the TF app has this problem.

So, I threw out the TF app and reloaded it. Same thing. Only this app, not any other apps, exhibits the "dead spots."

Any ideas?

Hmmmm that's strange, I'm not having any problems like that.

Elwin

Attachments

• image-4032251130.jpg
    image-4032251130.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 124
  • image-754215467.jpg
    image-754215467.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 119
Hahaha, Marin has longer hair than I thought.. looks like a x-dresser too lol

Elwin

What it amounts to is that the whole quarter of the screen at the end with the connector and control button is dead to touch control inputs with the TF iPad app only no matter which way the iPad is oriented. All the other 53 apps on the device work fine no matter which way the iPad is oriented. This malfunction just appeared today. Very strange.

Maybe try Reseting your Network settings... ( just a shot in the dark )???

Elwin

Sent from my iPad using Trawler

Attachments

• image-3595810636.jpg
    image-3595810636.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 125
Yes - there is a bug with the latest version of the app for IOS folks. Until a new update is pushed out, the recommended work around is to launch the app with your device held in portrait orientation.

Thanks very much Janet. I thought it might have something to do with incompatibility with the latest IOS, which seems to be upgraded about every 15 minutes.

The only time I use the IOS TF app is if I want to post photos using the iPad. Otherwise I access TF on the web, same as I do on the regular computers I use. But for whatever reason (nothing to do with TF I'm sure), on the iPad one cannot post photos using the standard web version of the forum. So the IOS version comes in very handy for this.

Back
Top Bottom