Ignored?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xsbank

Guru
Vessel Name
Gwaii Haanas
Vessel Make
Custom Aluminum 52
If a poster is “ignored” by everybody else but he still posts, can anybody hear it? See it?

Greetings,
Mr. X. That's a damn good question. I've often wondered why there are so few responses to my posts. It might be I'm on everyone's ignore list. Of course, you won't be seeing this so...

giphy.webp

Greetings,
Mr. X. That's a damn good question. I've often wondered why there are so few responses to my posts. It might be I'm on everyone's ignore list. Of course, you won't be seeing this so...

giphy.webp
I tried to find a good reason to ignore you but that forum would become so much boring without you lol

L

If a tree falls in the forest...

Out of the hundreds of users on this forum I just have two on my ignore list and it makes a huge difference to my general peace and tranquility. Every once in a while I'll click the link to display the hidden comment just out of curiosity and I almost always think, yep, that's why they're hidden.

Out of the hundreds of users on this forum I just have two on my ignore list and it makes a huge difference to my general peace and tranquility. Every once in a while I'll click the link to display the hidden comment just out of curiosity and I almost always think, yep, that's why they're hidden.

Actually as of right now...

22,361 members

Currently active 927, 103 members and 824 guests

Members visited in the last 24 hours 621.

Out of the hundreds of users on this forum I just have two on my ignore list and it makes a huge difference to my general peace and tranquility...

I've had three.

One disappeared, and to avoid the other I put The Deep End on ignore so as not to get involved in ball of cooked spaghetti arguments. The most recent one has a 'blinders on' agenda, and I have no time for that.

I am not putting anyone on ignore, if I don't like a comment well I don't reply and ignore it. Most of comments I don't like are mines anyway :D

L

So here is a thought.

Isn't using the Ignore feature indicating a weakness on your part?

Could you not simply ignore their posts? Move on to the next poster?

By putting someone on ignore kinda shows that you haven't the self control to not respond.

If a poster is “ignored” by everybody else but he still posts, can anybody hear it? See it?

What? Did you say something? :lol:

Greetings,

giphy.webp

"Gotta love me!"

How could anyone ignore someone who posts a clip of Baby Sinclair! :flowers:

Jim

So here is a thought.

By putting someone on ignore kinda shows that you haven't the self control to not respond.

I tried civil discourse, with appropriate links from peer reviewed articles or fact checked news sources to contradict false numbers being used as fact. Didn't work, even in the face of definitive evidence. Also, don't need that kind of negativity in my head, so would rather not even see it. It sponges time from my day.

I spent 6 years of my life battling a huge corporation that wanted to build something in my home town. Even in the thick of it, during cross examination of expert witnesses, during breaks I had great conversations with those on the other side. We had opposing views, but got along despite that because we were willing to listen and consider the others point of view as a way to better understand where they were coming from.

I don't have time for blinders on dogma churners.

...Isn't using the Ignore feature indicating a weakness on your part?

Yes, I'm very weak. I should be better at steeling myself against aggravation. Seriously though, my boys will sometime blast kid shows on TV with the volume so loud it rattles the windows. I'll snatch the remote and turn it down and think, ahhhh, that's better. Same kind of feeling with the ignore button.

...Seriously though, my boys will sometime blast kid shows on TV with the volume so loud it rattles the windows. I'll snatch the remote and turn it down and think, ahhhh, that's better. Same kind of feeling with the ignore button.

:D :thumb:

One needs to be in the right frame of mind to make the ignore function work.
In the past I’ve had three on ignore but only psneeld now. He’s been on and off several times.

Greetings,

Au contraire, Monsieur RT! Your posts are a shining beacon: the perfect combination of knowledge, humor, and decorum! A rare and entirely welcome find on forums of any nature.

The reason I don't respond more often is I don't want anyone to think I have a man crush on you or something...

:lol:

Au contraire, Monsieur RT! Your posts are a shining beacon: the perfect combination of knowledge, humor, and decorum! A rare and entirely welcome find on forums of any nature.

The reason I don't respond more often is I don't want anyone to think I have a man crush on you or something...

[emoji38]
Darren... Man crush or not, Mr RTF is mine!

LOL!

L

Ignore no one.

Keep friends' statements close!

Enemies' statements closer!!

Last edited:
One needs to be in the right frame of mind to make the ignore function work.
In the past I’ve had three on ignore but only psneeld now. He’s been on and off several times.

wait
Did I get off your ignore list too?
What did I do?
How did you know?

So here is a thought.

Excellent point - my feeling also.

I like the choice. If I were to ignore someone, I don't think I'd see it as a sign of weakness, any more than I'd feel the same way about programming a remote to skip over channels that don't suit me. Other channels might not be my favorite, but I still choose to glance at them in my rotation to see what's up. It just depends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom