Old 09-20-2020, 07:08 PM   #1

City: Brisbane
Vessel Name: Malagari
Vessel Model: Island Gypsy 36 Europa
How are posts filed if not updated.

Yesterday I added a coupe of thoughts to a thread. I logged on this morning and it wasn`t in "New posts" so I thought the quickest way to find it was to look under the not updated posts as it was only 12 hours or so that it was current. I went back through numerous pages and couldn`t find it.

So....what happens to "posts that haven`t been updated since your last visit". How are they filed?. I eventually found it by going back through my profile and added a comment.
Brisyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 07:18 PM   #2
Guru

City: Jacksonville
Vessel Name: SONAS
Vessel Model: Grand Alaskan 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisyboy View Post
Yesterday I added a coupe of thoughts to a thread. I logged on this morning and it wasn`t in "New posts" so I thought the quickest way to find it was to look under the not updated posts as it was only 12 hours or so that it was current. I went back through numerous pages and couldn`t find it.

So....what happens to "posts that haven`t been updated since your last visit". How are they filed?. I eventually found it by going back through my profile and added a comment.
Frankly, I have no idea what you are talking about. Certainly not forum tools that I use.

What platform and functions are you using?
menzies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 07:29 PM   #3
Guru

City: Fort Myers, FL... Summers in the Great Lakes
Vessel Name: Slow Hand
Vessel Model: Cherubini Independence 45
If you go across the horizontal tool bar to quick links and pull it down and click on today's posts, you should find all the theads posted to in the last 24 hours there.

You can also go to your profile page, click on statistics and then click on find all posts. It's in chronological order starting with the most recent.

Ted
"Slow Hand" by The Pointer Sisters
O C Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 08:16 PM   #4
TF Site Team

City: Ex-Brisbane, (Australia), now Bribie Island, Qld
Vessel Name: Now boatless - sold 6/2018
Vessel Model: Had a Clipper (CHB) 34
Quote:

I'm not too sure exactly what issue you are describing either George, because if you added a new post to an old thread it would have been bumped up into the Current Trawler Discussions column on the right of screen, unless further new posts had pushed it down out of sight again.

In this case the quickest way to find a thread you posted on is to find a post you have made - anywhere - (use 'search' function if necessary to find yourself - you clearly don't post enough, you know George, or this would not be an issue), then click on your name, select previous posts from the drop-down menu, then go through those - listed newest to oldest as O C Diver mentioned.
Old 09-20-2020, 08:23 PM   #5
Guru

City: Jacksonville
Vessel Name: SONAS
Vessel Model: Grand Alaskan 53
Bloody hell, you both live in the same place. Have him over for a glass and discuss it!
menzies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 09:33 PM   #6
Guru

City: US PNW
This isn't an answer to your exact question, but when I "lose" a thread I had posted to I go up to the right side of the maroon bar, to "Quick Links." When you pull that down, a link to "your" (my) posts is at the bottom, so that brings up all posts you have made in order (newest first).
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 10:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
This isn't an answer to your exact question, but when I "lose" a thread I had posted to I go up to the right side of the maroon bar, to "Quick Links." When you pull that down, a link to "your" (my) posts is at the bottom, so that brings up all posts you have made in order (newest first).
Hey, thanks Frosty - that answers my questions. To the others that couldn`t understand.............I thought it was fairly simple - Threads that have not been updated since my last visit - how are they filed, or perhaps I should have said in what order do they appear in the "not updated since your last visit"

Oh, and by the way Menzies, if you had no idea what I was talking about perhaps the "silence is golden" rule should have been invoked
Old 09-21-2020, 12:33 AM   #8
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Quote:
Hey, thanks Frosty - that answers my questions. To the others that couldn`t understand.............I thought it was fairly simple - Threads that have not been updated since my last visit - how are they filed, or perhaps I should have said in what order do they appear in the "not updated since your last visit"

Oh, and by the way Menzies, if you had no idea what I was talking about perhaps the "silence is golden" rule should have been invoked
Wifey B: They're filed in a pink cabinet with a high heel shoe as the key and a room full of Barbies chanting, "Don't even try it.'

Or pull up all your subscribed posts and in that thread they'll be based on the time of the latest post to the thread.

Or Under Quick Links drill down to your posts and they will appear in inverse chronological order.

That's unless you've been a bad, bad, bad little boy or girl and your post was put in file 13 by one of the gods or goddesses trying to keep order.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 03:02 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
Wifey B: They're filed in a pink cabinet with a high heel shoe as the key and a room full of Barbies chanting, "Don't even try it.'

Or pull up all your subscribed posts and in that thread they'll be based on the time of the latest post to the thread.

Or Under Quick Links drill down to your posts and they will appear in inverse chronological order.

That's unless you've been a bad, bad, bad little boy or girl and your post was put in file 13 by one of the gods or goddesses trying to keep order.
Love the barbie thought and after all this I have discovered how to find posts that have "disappeared"- Quick links is the go
Old 09-21-2020, 04:10 PM   #10
TF Site Team

City: Olypen
Vessel Name: Pacifica
Vessel Model: Cape Dory
Sometimes a picture helps.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	TF recent posts.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	135.1 KB
ID:	108117
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 07:26 PM   #11
Guru

City: Powell River, BC
Vessel Name: Northern Spy
Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 26
On the app, you can sort threads by "participated".

That would make it easy to find.

Unless you post like Marin did, and, well... they would all be there...
Northern Spy is offline   Reply With Quote