Edit timeout and image limit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FlyWright

Guru
Site Team
Vessel Name
FlyWright
Vessel Make
1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Two items that seem a bit restrictive for responsible members:

1. There is a 2 hour edit limit on posts which restricts corrections and updates. Can this window be widened to 12 hrs?

2. There is a 6 image/emoticon limit per post. Can this be increased significantly? As it is now, we split a long post into several parts. There is no saving of bandwidth.

Thanks for giving these consideration.

FlyWright--- The jpeg thumbnail image upload limit per post is actually ten (see my Up Island post in the West Coast bucket). If you load full images like Mark does instead of thumbnails that limit may be lower--- I don't load images that way so don't know.

But in the original forum which also had an image upload table limit of ten, once you had loaded ten images you could get a new blank upload table displayed and load another ten into your post and so on.

I agree it would be nice to get that image upload capability back.

I'm aware of the thumbnail limits and procedures, but that is not what I am asking to change.

If one attempts to load more than 6 emoticons or

Two items that seem a bit restrictive for responsible members:

1. There is a 2 hour edit limit on posts which restricts corrections and updates. Can this window be widened to 12 hrs?

2. There is a 6 image/emoticon limit per post. Can this be increased significantly? As it is now, we split a long post into several parts. There is no saving of bandwidth.

Thanks for giving these consideration.

The inline image (smilie) limit has been raised to 20. The post length limit is 40000 characters and you can attach 10 images. While this could be increased it's hard on those with small devices who have to scroll so we've taken a middle ground here.

The 2 hour time limit the site team will discuss but it was put in place after some negative experiences with folks posting and then deleting or altering their posts to avoid some backwash. Changing posts after someone else has responded can make the responding post seem irrelevant of even off topic. The goal was to allow enough time for corrections but not too much more.

Moderators are willing to assist with edits if some are needed after the 2 hours has gone by ... but I understand your basic request and we'll toss it around. :flowers:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom