Deck Pump out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swanman

Has anyone been able to find a threaded pump out which will clamp onto the pump out instead having to hold the older pump out down on the deck.
I've been unable to find one that will work with the threads on my 1980 Universal Pacific Trawler. Wa. St. is giving these away to the boaters for free, however they are 11/2 inch. It's to large for my deck waste and 11/4 is to small.
Any suggestions Asian Trawler owners?
Thanks,
Swanman

Sealand/Dometic makes 2 - 1 1/4” adapters with different threads.
343503 is 11.5 tpi
343505 is 16 tpi
They also make a 1 1/2” but you are saying that yours is in between? If so then you may have to change the deck fitting.

Oh, BTW welcome aboard.

Last edited:
Since you are in WA, go to pumpoutwashington.org for a free pump out adapter.

Has anyone been able to find a threaded pump out which will clamp onto the pump out instead having to hold the older pump out down on the deck.
I've been unable to find one that will work with the threads on my 1980 Universal Pacific Trawler. Wa. St. is giving these away to the boaters for free, however they are 11/2 inch. It's to large for my deck waste and 11/4 is to small.
Any suggestions Asian Trawler owners?
Thanks,
Swanman
I bought mine thru Amazon -composite is much cheaper than aluminum version. Once you find one that fits during pump out, check the size printed on it. Alternately these composite ones are less than $5 (shipping costs more than adaptor) so can order several to get the correct one

Check with West Marine on-line catalog.

Search for Male adapter x FNPT Cam Lever coupling" I used - all less than $5’ others may use the term banjo coupling

That would work, but you have to hold it the whole time don’t you?

Yes in WA the state will give out free 1 1/2 and 1 and 1/4 depending on your size. I think OP is saying his thread is in between the two, implying maybe a metric pipe thread for the cap?

I have an original smaller sized port in my TT, and added a second tank for the forward head which is the true 1 1/2. I've assumed the smaller one was 1 1/4 but haven't yet ordered that adapter from the state. I think I'm going get one now and see if it fits! I've been holding the hose cone on them until now.

If not I'll upgrade the smaller one to match the new one. I have them side by side and they don't look the greatest mismatched...

Back
Top Bottom