Daily Updates vs Instant Notifications issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slowgoesit

Guru
Site Team
Vessel Name
Muirgen
Vessel Make
50' Beebe Passagemaker
When I subscribe to a thread, I am meticulous in selecting "Daily Updates" vs "Instant Notification" or "Weekly Updates", but about 20% of the time, I STILL end up getting "Instant Notification", clogging up my inbox with multiple (sometimes 10 or 20) "Instant Notifications" for the same thread. I am not one of those people who constantly monitors their e-mail. Anyone else having a similar problem?!?

Note: I check, check again, and check a THIRD time every time I subscribe to a thread to make sure I have "Daily Updates" selected.
Not a life or death issue, but frustrating all the same . . .

I'm not sure if I get instant updates or daily updates but whatever I am getting I like it.

After a thread has been around a while I don't bother going back to check it out unless it was one I started or one of particular interest to me.

Otherwise i just delete them about once a day or every other day.

pete

Check your profile settings - many notifications are controlled here: https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/usercp.php

Be sure to scroll down and save after you make changes.

I've gone through all of the usercp selections, and I wasn't able to find any that allowed me to set the default for new subscriptions to Daily update/notification. Not sure that it would matter in any case, as some of the subscriptions where I specifically change to Daily, somehow change to Instant without my selecting . . . Oh well, in the grand scheme of things it's a minor irritant, not life changing . . .

I've gone through all of the usercp selections, and I wasn't able to find any that allowed me to set the default for new subscriptions to Daily update/notification. Not sure that it would matter in any case, as some of the subscriptions where I specifically change to Daily, somehow change to Instant without my selecting . . . Oh well, in the grand scheme of things it's a minor irritant, not life changing . . .

1) Go to UserCP

2) In the "Your Control Panel" column on the left, browse to the section entitled "Settings and Options".

3) Within the "Settings and Options" section, 'click' "Edit Options"

4) Within the Edit Options section, scroll down to the "Messaging & Notifications" section.

5) Within the "Messaging & Notifications" section, locate the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" section.

6) Within the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" section, 'click' the drop-down for "Default Thread Subscription Mode" and select the default option you would prefer.

OPTIONS:

[] Do Not Subscribe
[] No Email Notification
[] Instant Email Notification
[] Daily Email Notification
[] Weekly Email Notification

That looks like it may work. I was selecting Daily updates every time I subscribed to a thread, but when I REPLIED to a thread for the first time, it defaulted to Instant notification on the subscription. That was my confusion. Based on your directions below, I changed my default, which I wasn't able to find before, and hopefully that will take care of the problem! Thanks again, Scot K.

1) Go to UserCP

2) In the "Your Control Panel" column on the left, browse to the section entitled "Settings and Options".

3) Within the "Settings and Options" section, 'click' "Edit Options"

4) Within the Edit Options section, scroll down to the "Messaging & Notifications" section.

5) Within the "Messaging & Notifications" section, locate the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" section.

6) Within the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" section, 'click' the drop-down for "Default Thread Subscription Mode" and select the default option you would prefer.

OPTIONS:

[] Do Not Subscribe
[] No Email Notification
[] Instant Email Notification
[] Daily Email Notification
[] Weekly Email Notification

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom