Coloured printing, how?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

C lectric

Guru
Vessel Name
Island Pride
Vessel Make
Palmer 32'
Red or coloured printing for replies. How do you do that?

I see some have done this. I tried today by writing a reply to a thread on WORD and then high lighting the parts I wanted to stand out as separate from the posters questions.

Did not work, all ended up black when I copied and pasted.

I see no provision to use other colours otherwise. So how do you do that?

Thank You

C: When you are replying, above the text box you’ll see an A that is underlined. Click on that and pick your color. and write within the brackets .

As far as to cut and paste from another source that’s in color, I don’t believe the software let’s us do that and it will default to black and white.

Last edited:
If you look at the top of the frame around the message box, you'll see a row of menus...B is bold, I is italics, U is underline The big bold underlinned capital A provides a choice of font colors. It's best to type in black, then select the word or phrase you want to be in a different color and THEN choose the color. To go back to black, choose the black box at the upper left corner of the choices.

It'll take a little practice, so play with it a bit being careful not to click on the "post..." button.

--Peggie

You can also put in the metadata yourself

{COLOR="Red"} TEXT {/COLOR}

NOTE: I needed to use a different set of brackets to show the example, otherwise it would just appear as TEXT

{= [
} =]

Change the bracket style from 'curly brackets to square brackets and it will work.

I've dabbled in colour printing, but much prefer B&W prints for my personal photography ;)

Sheesh, all this just doesn't seem to make any difference on my monochrome monitor.

I guess my coffee still had to kick in or I was blind. I saw all the smilies and icons but didn't look UP.

Thank You.

Thank you!

If on the full site (desktop)...use the Go Advanced option versus Quick Reply....it's easier there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom