28te

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jmk2000

Hey all, question for y’all. I’m dreaming of a 28TE. The wife and I love the layout and weekending ability. Anyone run it as a charter boat? I have my captains license and have been thinking of running a charter. Thanks for any input or advice

We looked at one a couple years ago. They're sweet little boats. It's bigger sister, the 32+2 is really an amazing setup with a couple of very cool layouts. (Bunk beds/huge settee/centerline bed). Just be wary, some, especially those earlier than 2001 were balsa cored. Do a little research before purchase.

We have owned a 28TE and loved it; great hull and a solid fishing platform. A charter business is a business decision and requires a different type of analysis than a "I want a boat". You are located in am area where a 28 Albin would work well, I think; capable offshore and able to venture into some of the shallower waters of the NC Sounds. We moved from a 28 TE to a 32+2, our 1st true cruising boat. That was another good functional design.

The 28TE is going to be crowded with 6 fisherman and a deckhand. You're going to have to have small charters. Tough to make money with 2-3 guests per trip. Tough to run a charter without a deckhand, but it's doable if you have charter guests who know what they're doing. If you have to bait, rig, and coach with one hand on the wheel and one eye on the horizon it will be a bit like a chinese firedrill.

Hey all, question for y’all. I’m dreaming of a 28TE. The wife and I love the layout and weekending ability. Anyone run it as a charter boat? I have my captains license and have been thinking of running a charter. Thanks for any input or advice

I have owned an Albin 28TE for almost 5 years and have done charters for the same time:
No fishing charters, don't want the blood and the guts on my deck, nor the heavy duty wear and tear that comes with fishing.
Only Sightseeing charters, usually little old ladies sipping champagne while we cruise down the New River in Fort Lauderdale at 1000 RPM with soft music on the speakers and the extended bimini top keeping sun and rain away. :thumb:
Low maintenance charters and the boat is perfect for it.
Check out this website: OdinCharters| WireFrame Home and Odin Charters on Facebook.
Thinking about selling the boat and the business, $90k will take everything and no sales tax in Florida when you buy the LLC that owns the boat.

Back
Top Bottom