Watertender 9.4 weaver davits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kurt.reynolds

Vessel Name
Grace
Vessel Make
1982 Grand Banks Motoryacht
I have a water tender 9.4, KL Industries or west marine and I am looking to install weaver davits for my Camano 31 swim platform. Does anyone have pics of how you mounted the davits on the water tender side? I get the swim platform side, but need to add some backing plates to the tender I think. Thanks

watertender.JPG

You probably will need more than backing plates. That tender is two thin sheets of plastic (ABS I think) that sandwich a foam core. If you just use backing plates you will probably collapse the foam. You need to fill some of the foam to make a strong enough attachment point.

I would drill the holes for the attachment much larger through just one side, maybe 1" diameter. Dig out the foam and fill with epoxy paste. Then drill through again with the right size bit for the bolts. This will give you solid attachment points. Use a fender washer on both sides.

David

Good advice DavidM. Exactly same project on my old CHB. Did you complete the mounting the dinghy kurt reynolds? Any photos or tips you would like to share?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom