Trinka 10 winter project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pack Mule

TF Site Team
Vessel Name
Slo-Poke
Vessel Make
Jorgensen custom 44
I tore off the padded rub rail . It was getting kinda funky . The plan is to add a little more width to the rail . It looks like 3/8" thick teak will take the twist and the bend . Probably add two pieces to each side . Then epoxy primer the bottom and hard bottom paint .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 118
Another pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 112
Screws? Bolts?

Marty how high is your transom. Bottom transom junction to top of transom?
Have you used an OB yet? My exhaust port on the cav plate was at times out of the water unless I removed the fwd ballast. Just a big jug of water. Sunchaser was trying to keep me from making a mistake cutting down the transom 2". I plan to call Gig Harbor boats about it but haven't yet. Thankfully my gunwale is plenty big. Only two small vents too.

Maybe a combination of both plus epoxy . I had a Honda 3 hp but sold it . I want to eventually get the sail rig, dagger board and rudder . I will measure transom when I get off work today .

Here you go Eric . The cut out in transom is about 3" .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 100
OK good .... it looks like it. Your transom is better looking than mine.

But I was interested in transom height. Where the OB rests w its transom clamp and (or to) the bottom of the hull where it meets the transom. Transom hieght as in traditionally 15" or 20" .... Short shaft or long shaft. I'm thinking a different rule of thumb is needed for FD OB boats.

By the way I think the planing version of Trinka is Jerico. A cold moulded 14' (or so) OB skiff much like Trinka back to midships. Then Jreico is almost perfectly straight aft from there. But the boats look similar. You wouldn't be offended at the comparison.

I'll watch this post. We have a 10' Trinka (sailing version) that we love...
Definitely a short shaft boat. We push ours with a 3hp Yamaha 2 stroke. It sails like a witch too!
Awesome!
Bruce

OK good .... it looks like it. Your transom is better looking than mine.

But I was interested in transom height. Where the OB rests w its transom clamp and (or to) the bottom of the hull where it meets the transom. Transom hieght as in traditionally 15" or 20" .... Short shaft or long shaft. I'm thinking a different rule of thumb is needed for FD OB boats.

By the way I think the planing version of Trinka is Jerico. A cold moulded 14' (or so) OB skiff much like Trinka back to midships. Then Jreico is almost perfectly straight aft from there. But the boats look similar. You wouldn't be offended at the comparison.
So I need to measure from where the OB rest to the seat and then from the seat to the bottom of the hull ?

Finally got around to ripping some teak strips . I ripped two pieces 5/8 " thick x 1-1/2" tall x 11' long . I'm going to let these stay clamped to the dingy for a while hoping they will kinda take some shape . I hope they don't blow apart . Do you think this will help or is it a waste of time ? The lumber is kiln dried .

Attachments

• IMG_2574.jpg
    IMG_2574.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_2575.jpg
    IMG_2575.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 92
I'm not inclined to think it will hurt anything but am not sure how much it will help. I do however love watching your woodwork projects because when it comes to carpentry I'm a pretty good welder.

That rail really sets off those beautiful Trinka lines.

The best thing to put on wood about to be bent is kerosene. R Calder says to soak wood in kerosene prior to bending like the day before but I'll bet karosene w a little of your favorite oil would help as well as anything even after bending.

Greetings,
Mr. PM. Looks great but WINTER project? Hell man, we just got 2' of snow.

giphy.gif
Yeah ,we ain't had much winter here but I'm still getting a slow start on this project . I was gonna do more to it but I've scaled it way back . Running out of steam .

Well I didn't do everything here I set out to do but the teak is done . Not planning on any varnish , just let it go gray . I am going to buff the hull and add some new burgundy pinstripes and Trinka decal and call it done .

Attachments

• IMG_2744.jpg
    IMG_2744.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 74
Hull buffed out ,new stripes and decals . Ready to launch.

Attachments

• IMG_2863.jpg
    IMG_2863.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 81
Nice job Pack! Just in time for spring time fun, or the grandkids can ding it up for ya!

Thanks everybody. It took me way to long as usual .

"Way too long as usual" ...

Most of us here know about that.

I'm throwing the foul flag here! I smell a rat...

Tell us the truth, Marty. Who REALLY did the sanding and varnishing? Hmmmm?

I'm throwing the foul flag here! I smell a rat...

Tell us the truth, Marty. Who REALLY did the sanding and varnishing? Hmmmm?
You got me this time , I always refer to WE but I slipped up this time and you were
" on like a pot a neckbones "
Weeee didn't do any varnish on this job . Weeee just slapped another piece of teak on the outside and screwed it on , no bungs no varnish . I mentioned varnish and got the LOOK . We wanted to give Willie a little rough edge to match William . Joy said I had plenty of teak , when this wears out Weee can just slap on another .

Attachments

• IMG_2866.jpg
    IMG_2866.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 67

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom