New Dink

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

belizebill

Vessel Name
Irish Miss
Vessel Make
36' Marine Trader, D C
This is my new 10' AB rib with a new 15hp outboard. The boat was rated up to a 25hp, but Its a little rocket with the 15hp. BB

Attachments

• new rib and outboard.jpg
    new rib and outboard.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 117
belizebill wrote:
This is my new 10' AB rib with a new 15hp outboard. The boat was rated up to a 25hp, but Its a little rocket with the 15hp. BB
*Is that really a John Deere motor? If so, its the first one that I've seen.

dwhatty wrote:
*Is that really a John Deere motor? If so, its the first one that I've seen.

If it really is a John Deere and not just a sticker someone put on another make for fun, it's not uncommon for what we think of as a US manufacturer to make products we never see in the US.* On our recent trips to China, for example, I've seen Buick van and car models that I've never seen in the US.* Too bad, too, because the car models are really good looking.* WAY better than the lame designs GM gives us here in the US.* One in particular looks like a cross between an Aston Martin and a BMW.

Buick has been the most popular car make in China for decades.* So while they do have models similar to what we have in the US, they also have models that are designed and built over there specifically for the Chinese market.

So it's possible that John Deere has a division somewhere overseas that makes outboard motors.* Or not, and it's' just a sticker someone put on a Yamaha or whatever.

dwhatty wrote:Is that really a John Deere motor? If so, its the first one that I've seen.
*Seems to be......the cowling is JD green, also.

-- Edited by SeaHorse II on Wednesday 29th of February 2012 05:19:09 PM

Attachments

• dinghy.jpg
    dinghy.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 112
Okay Belize Bill, tell us what's that there thing you got on the end of your dink?

-- Edited by dwhatty on Wednesday 29th of February 2012 06:37:13 PM

biggrin.gif
OK, Its a 2012 Yamaha 4 stroke ,15 hp,short shaft. A very stealable engine in thease parts. I got John Deere paint,John Deere graphics. Everybody is fooled arournd here and theres no resale value for a John Deere and no parts, so they will steal the niegbors before they steal mine. It looks reall Authentic. BB

belizebill wrote:
biggrin.gif
OK, Its a 2012 Yamaha 4 stroke ,15 hp,short shaft. A very stealable engine in thease parts. I got John Deere paint,John Deere graphics. Everybody is fooled arournd here and theres no resale value for a John Deere and no parts, so they will steal the niegbors before they steal mine. It looks reall Authentic. BB
Thanks for fessing up. If I lived in a part of the world where one had to worry about theft, I would probably do the same thing. (Not to mention locking the boat's doors, taking the key out of the ignition, etc)

I have a friend who just takes the cover off his outboard and adds a little primer and scuff marks. Works like a charm.

I would't have been surprised if it was a "genuine" John Deere. In other areas they do rebadging, such as their below 100 HP tractors, which actually manufactured by Yanmar.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom