Dinghy nav lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

motion30

Guru
When I first saw the nav light LED battery powered dinghy
lights I thought they were a great solution. In the last two years I have purchased Five Lights and two mounts and currently only have one working light. I've been in contact with the company and their distributor in the US and what I've learned essentially is there is no warranty on any of these products.
So my question is is there such thing as a reliable LED portable dinghy light. I am looking for a red and green and a separate all around white light

In the last two years I have purchased Five Lights and two mounts and currently only have one working light. I've been in contact with the company and their distributor in the US and what I've learned essentially is there is no warranty on any of these products.

Care to share specifics of what product you're working with?

Yes of course
It is the nav safe battery powered tri-color bow light and they're all around white light

Attachments

• 15680504786302329413864166357453.jpg
    15680504786302329413864166357453.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 57
Dinghy nav lights.
Tractor w big fenders.
Door man in a trailer court.
Parachute on the FB.
Checkbook in the Kalahari.

I should have taken a picture of it, but on our last dinghy, we had a plastic ammo can that we mounted an old red green navigation light on it with velcro, with wires to a small 12 volt battery in the can, that we would put on the furthest forward seat. That way we could take it off, and leave it in the ammo can (with our registration and other items) in the day time. We had a self contained battery powered stern light with a fitting on the stern.

I can definitely say it was Coast Guard okay, as we got stopped one night in Fort Myers mooring field by the USCG in our dinghy, and all we heard about the nav lights was that it was a cool set up, and we got the inspection passed slip to prove it!

Or new dinghy has factory navigation lights, so we don't do it any more.

We've had the NavSafe all-around white dinghy light with extendable mount for four years and it works fine. However, after reading about your experience I hope our light keeps on working!

Yes of course
It is the nav safe battery powered tri-color bow light and they're all around white light

I've had these for several years and really like them. Don't know why my luck has been better than yours.

Back
Top Bottom