Dinghy Mate fuel tanks (3 & 6 gallons)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rsn48

Guru
Vessel Name
Capricorn
Vessel Make
Mariner 30 - Sedan Cruiser 1969
My new RIB has a bow locker and the fuel tank that comes with my Merc 9.9 short shaft comes with a 3 gallon tank. The RIB is hull plus sole so I can run the fuel line between the two from the locker to the engine.

But I would like to free up the locker for storage use of other items and I am interested in the Dinghy Mate fuel tank (3 gallon) that is designer for transom location. Has anyone used one of the tanks and how did you secure the tank so that when the dinghy went on its side on the davit (SeaWise) it still remained in location?

Link to the tank:

Dinghy Mate - MyBoatsGear.com

We tried a Dinghymate on one of our inflatables. Found that it put too much weight in the back of the boat, especially when there was just a single person on board. Unless the boat has a lot of HP it will be harder to get on plane with the extra weight aft.

I'm pretty sure this is not available in the US since the latest regs for portable fuel tanks. I se you're in Canada so it may be available there. Your link mentions only Japan, Australia and NZ..

I'm pretty sure this is not available in the US since the latest regs for portable fuel tanks. I se you're in Canada so it may be available there. Your link mentions only Japan, Australia and NZ..

I noticed that as well but I thought if it worked well I'd import it.

Back
Top Bottom