Davit Mount

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blue Heron

Guru
All, I am looking for what Davit system was on my trawler previously. When I purchased it there were no Davit arms on the transom. Any ideas?
Thanks.

image-1180671601.jpg

Hmmm. Haven't seen those before, but if they do happen to be Adkins and Hoyle, they are among the best. I been swooning after their crane davits these last couple of boat shows. Still, these mounts done appear to be really substantial. Do you know if they are through-bolted?

Hmmm. Haven't seen those before, but if they do happen to be Adkins and Hoyle, they are among the best. I been swooning after their crane davits these last couple of boat shows. Still, these mounts done appear to be really substantial. Do you know if they are through-bolted?

Yep they are through bolted. One on each side

All, I am looking for what Davit system was on my trawler previously. When I purchased it there were no Davit arms on the transom. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Are there two snap fixtures on the outboard edge of swim step? If so, perhaps either Weaver or SeaWise... where the athwartships dinghy is lifted vertically and carried hull out of the water and facing aft... and the "pad eye" (sorta) pictured is where a stand-off might attach...

-Chris

Thanks Chris. Good idea. But no mounts on the swim platform or anywhere to mount tackle.

Those are mounting clips. The dink will have installed 2 U shaped brackets along one side .

The dink is clipped into those mounts and flipped 90 deg to clear the water and other boat wash.

Works fine on a small hard dink that is light enough to flip up .

Folks cruising will frequently paint there boats name and hailing port on the dink bottom as the carried dink covers the vessels transom.

If you need the mounting U clips for a hard dink let me know.

Those are mounting clips. The dink will have installed 2 U shaped brackets along one side .

The dink is clipped into those mounts and flipped 90 deg to clear the water and other boat wash.

Works fine on a small hard dink that is light enough to flip up .

Folks cruising will frequently paint there boats name and hailing port on the dink bottom as the carried dink covers the vessels transom.

If you need the mounting U clips for a hard dink let me know.

FF, any idea where I can find the mounting arms for the davits?
Thanks

I have a brand new in the box set of Marland Enterprise Corp, Seattle that are rated for a 175-200 lb dink

This sorta looks like your photo , but I cant be sure..

Box shows an eight ft GRP sailing dink dink in the water. hooked up.

I wont break the set to sell just the mount arms and their swivel brackets , so for $ 200. its all yours , plus shipping to you.Not cheap but antique is hard to find new.

On close inspection my set looks far more robust than that mount , are you sure its not for a swim ladder?

My set is to be mounted on a swim platform and in addition to bolts require the platform to be chiseled for added support.

They have a transom bracket also so these arms and mounts could be correct , it must be able to accept at least a 1/2 inch fitting.

If you need a photo let me know.

Last edited:
A photo would be great. Here is a closer view.

It's not a swim platform for sure. The mounts are thru hull mounted and have a substantial backing plate.

Thanks!

image-2347146785.jpg

image-4199055928.jpg

image-643742890.jpg

with no upper or lower fixtures...I'm not sure they are davit parts....unless you can find some patched holes or the swim platform is new....

Must be something different , those clips are way way above where a dink would swing up from.

I think we have the same or very similar system

We have a 43 president. Looks very similar in the stern
Any help?
We have the manual on board to tell you manufacturer but I won't be able to get to it till Christmas when i get back to shore

image-2414905755.jpg

image-2094608255.jpg

I am bringing this post back up as Blue Heron has come back on the market and still does not have dinghy davits on it yet. I am interested in the boat and am really interested in learning if a davit system would be feasible with the existing hardware given, or if anyone has any further information. Much appreciated, thank you

I had Atkins & Hoyle davit system (similar to your picture) on my old boat that was through bolted to support the weight of the dinghy and nothing else!

I think we have the same or very similar system

We have a 43 president. Looks very similar in the stern
Any help?
We have the manual on board to tell you manufacturer but I won't be able to get to it till Christmas when i get back to shore

View attachment 24772

View attachment 24771

Does the davit make getting up and down the ladder difficult? Looks pretty tight from the photos.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom