Best Inflatable for a Dinghy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this one in this subject thread,...or did I miss it?

Rigid Inflatable Dinghy : Walker Bay

Has anyone first hand experience with these vessels?

How is the 'inflatible collar' attached?

I had a 310 RID with sailing rig on my last boat. It was stable but slow. It is a displacement boat so top speed was about 4 knots with a 2 HP Honda. The dealer said anymore horsepower would be wasted.

As I recall, the inflatible collar was installed in a slot molded into the hull.

Any other questions, let me know.

Ron

Attachments

• Image045.jpg
    Image045.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 110
If you want to play a dirty trick on someone with a PVC dinghy, spray it with silicone oil spray soaking the seams. It will come apart and never glue back together again.

Catamaran / Tunnel-hull Type RIB

You may be interested in this Dux type which uses tunnel technology for very stable and slick ride.
Duxling D-300S

A nice write up by an owner here...
The ultimate sailing - Dinghy/Tender?

Of course you could always go with a Safeboat. Saw one of these at the dock this summer - it is one serious machine. I think the one I looked at is a smaller version of the 410; it seemed shorter and ONLY had 2 X 300 HP outboards.

Apostle Open T-Top Offshore Outboard Aluminum Boat | SAFE Boats

How about one of the catamaran / tunnel-hull styles built with foam sponsons (similar to SAFE boats) rather than inflatable chambers??

LOL, now that would be a dingy Brian!!

Back
Top Bottom