MMC 'DeFever' 41 Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

royalto3rd

Hi All -
First post after reading a ton and sucking up a wealth of info on the fabulous TF forums. My wife and I found a Miracle Marine Co. (DeFever) 41 sitting in a marina. Hasn't moved/started/been cleaned in over 4 years. We had a friend contact the owner and got some history on it. The owner had the interior completely restored, removed teak and resurfaced all exterior decking, stripped ALL electronics and had a new Lehman and Borg Warner trans installed. There's no canvas except window and railing covers, no mast or winch (owner disposed of them). Inside and outside show really well.
In this environment, it's hard to know the value of the boat, but we want to make an offer. We plan on a full survey, even though there's not much but mechanical and structural to look at. It'll get hauled out and get a new bottom before a sea trial.
Since this group has been so helpful to others with advice, tips and passing on education (historical and otherwise), I'm hoping for a variety of feedback.
We are in San Diego, and looking to use the boat ICW to SF and into the delta short term, Mexico at some point.
I can send pic soon.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Welcome aboard. Not familiar with that exact boat but a friend of mine had a 40 or 41 Defever that was built in Costa Mesa. It was a very nice boat. He had a Perkins in it. I much prefer the Lehman but maybe since our last boat had Lehmans in it and they were great. Good luck with it.

Little late but I just read this post.....I owned a 42' MMC from about 1999-2004.... ..Powered by 2 small Cummins.....I had great luck with that boat and really liked it.....Sold it for a 47' Sabreline and always regretted selling....It was a very honest and straight forward boat, easy to work on and most things accessible........

Back into boating now after 10 yrs away and would jump at some like my old 42' MMC.....Good boat in my opinion.....

Back
Top Bottom