Getting closer.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sailbellaluna

Vessel Name
SEA PEARL
Vessel Make
53’ Defever RPH
Greeting DeFever group. Just joined the forum and am looking forward to the day we cast off! House is currently on the market and just sold my 32’ Century center console today. One step closer to our dream of living aboard. We are in love with the Defever 49-53’ Pilot House Trawler and have bookmarked a few that are for sale on Yacht World. The wife and I are looking for one 1999+ in the 400-450k range and it should be a cash sale. Current owners please let me know if you think my price range is out of line. I would rather not use a broker but will if I must.....

If anyone is thinking about selling in the coming months let us know.

Tim and Cindy

Congratulations on setting your goals and working towards them! Will this be a live aboard move or full time cruising? We are a bit behind, have purchased a 41’ DeFever, getting all the survey punch list addressed, and should be in the water next week. Not ready for the big move but working that direction! Good luck! Jim & Cheryl

Full time cruising live aboard! Planing on cruising east coast, Bahamas and down south to the windward islands.

Welcome. You’ll get a ton of help here.

You should be able to get a nice Defever within your budget. If you haven’t already, consider joining Defever Cruisers (https://www.defevercruisers.com). Very active owner’s group with a world of info and knowledge of boats for sale that may not be listed yet.

Hope to be out there with you!

We have downsized every single thing we own or care about into about 15 office-tote boxes (includes ALL of our boating supplies - VHF's, SOSpenders, galleyware, etc). We'll be selling the townhouse this fall and moving aboard full-time as well! We plan to piddle around FL over the winter and start the loop going north in Spring of 2019.

Have "the" boat in mind, but still trying to find the right one - not many of them readily available. Hope something turns up soon!

Last edited:
Dirt house is under contract! If all goes well we will be homeless the end of March. We have started our boat search so if anyone is thinking about selling a relatively late model (2000+) pilot house let us know. Were getting excited!

Sailbellaluna
Its been awhile since your post, but did you end up with a Defever? New to the DeFever forum. I'm a couple years behind you. We are fixixing our house up so it can be sold. Drove by Tres Bien recently. That was the first Defever I've seen in the water. It's a mini ship!

Last edited:
Sold it all and purchased a 2002 53’ Defever Raised Pilot House in Stuart, Florida. We are living the dream now on the Chesapeake for summer. Heading to Annapolis first of the month. Look us up on facebook at @voyageoftheSeaPearl

Tim and Cindy, have you joined the DeFever forum?

Also where are you at the moment. We are also cruising the Chesapeake, currently in Tangier Island. Crisfield tomorrow and then we cross over to St Mary's on Thursday and start up the Potomac .

Tim and Cindy, have you joined the DeFever forum?

Also where are you at the moment. We are also cruising the Chesapeake, currently in Tangier Island. Crisfield tomorrow and then we cross over to St Mary's on Thursday and start up the Potomac .

Leaving York River Yacht Haven on July 27th for Annapolis. Will stay at the City Marinia for a month. Yep, joined the Defever forum months ago....

Leaving York River Yacht Haven on July 27th for Annapolis. Will stay at the City Marinia for a month. Yep, joined the Defever forum months ago....

We were at YRYH for two nights a week ago. Very nice facility.

We will be in Annapolis around August 8th for a couple of nights.

Back
Top Bottom