Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-02-2021, 07:08 PM   #1
Scraping Paint
 
City: Jacksonville
Vessel Name: SONAS
Vessel Model: Grand Alaskan 53
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 7,509
DeFever PNW Rendezvous!

OK we are all booked up. Who else is a DeFever Cruiser member and planning on attending? Sept 17-19 in Anacortes.

-----------------------------------------------------------

PACIFIC NORTHWEST
DEFEVER CRUISERS RENDEZVOUS
Now Set for September 2021
Anacortes Washington

REGISTER NOW for the 2021 PNW DeFever Cruisers Rendezvous in Anacortes
Washington! The Rendezvous is scheduled at both the Cap Sante Marina and the Anacortes Yacht Club facilities.

This Rendezvous is not to be missed! Meet fellow DeFever owners and get priceless information for a very modest cost.

New registrations for the rendezvous on September 17,18 and19 continue to come in and as of January 8, 2020, 46 Cruisers and 15 boats are now registered to attend!

Early registrations aid planning for an even better rendezvous and our liberal refund policy eliminates risk for those who must change their plans.
__________________
Advertisement

menzies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 08:06 PM   #2
Guru
 
City: Carefree, Arizona
Vessel Name: sunchaser V
Vessel Model: DeFever 48
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 9,146
I'd guess the virus will put a damper on these types of events. Tough to plan anything for 7 months ahead.
__________________

sunchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 08:22 PM   #3
Scraping Paint
 
City: Jacksonville
Vessel Name: SONAS
Vessel Model: Grand Alaskan 53
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 7,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunchaser View Post
I'd guess the virus will put a damper on these types of events. Tough to plan anything for 7 months ahead.
It was all set for last September but was canned, so we carried our registration over to this year's event. Both the DeFever monies and the hotel are fully refundable. So no risk to booking and cancelling later.

We will wait a while before booking air.
menzies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 12:50 PM   #4
Newbie
 
City: Auburn
Vessel Name: Emma Jo
Vessel Model: DeFever 49 RPH
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 4
We are in the process of purchasing a1986 49 RPH & are planning to attend & become members! The problem I’m running into is insuring our “Antique MV”. Boat US as of 01/21 will not insure a MV of this size. We will be mooring in the Tacoma area and have no accidents and USCG Veteran. Please any help/ideas would be appreciated ASAP.
Mafke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 12:54 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
City: NW Nevada
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafke View Post
We are in the process of purchasing a1986 49 RPH & are planning to attend & become members! The problem I’m running into is insuring our “Antique MV”. Boat US as of 01/21 will not insure a MV of this size. We will be mooring in the Tacoma area and have no accidents and USCG Veteran. Please any help/ideas would be appreciated ASAP.
You might post this in the "Financial Matters and Red Tape" forum, with its own unique thread title, for a better response. Also look there for some more recent discussions on insurance industry changes for older boats that have come up this year.
Alaskaflyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 04:52 AM   #6
Guru
 
Russell Clifton's Avatar
 
City: La Conner Wa.
Vessel Name: Sea Fever
Vessel Model: Defever 49 RPH
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 789
We insure our 1988 Defever 49 thru Anchor Marine Underwriters. Located in Seattle. 206-273-6996.
Russell Clifton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 06:22 AM   #7
Guru
 
slowgoesit's Avatar
 
City: Puget Sound
Vessel Name: Muirgen
Vessel Model: 50' Beebe Passagemaker
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 834
Insurance recommendation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafke View Post
We are in the process of purchasing a1986 49 RPH & are planning to attend & become members! The problem I’m running into is insuring our “Antique MV”. Boat US as of 01/21 will not insure a MV of this size. We will be mooring in the Tacoma area and have no accidents and USCG Veteran. Please any help/ideas would be appreciated ASAP.

Congratulations on your soon to be yours boat! We're in the same situation, wanting to attend Rendezvous, but not wanting to commit until boat was ours for sure. I'll be contacting Menzies today to see if they have any more spots available.



If you have not already been steered his way, I highly recommend Peter Ricks of Novamar Insurance. Novamar is an insurance broker based out of Seattle who handles a wide array of insurers. We just bound coverage Monday on our new to us Beebe Design Passagemaker. 1982, 50' currently moored in La Conner, WA, but will be moving to Port Orchard in June. Last boat was a Grand Banks 36, and Monk 34 prior to that. 20 year hiatus between last boat and this one. Also a step up in size, U.S Army retired, USCGAux members back in the day when our GB36 was Op Facility in Hawaii. Peter got us insurance through Red Shield, based out of Portland OR. Red Shield is one of the few companies who doesn't depreciate less than total losses. Boat US declined to quote, as they apparently have a new policy in place 1 Jan 2021, not sure if it is age related, or what. Anyway, Red Shield appears to fit the bill. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Mention my name to Peter if you contact him!


Take care, Scot Kellersberger
MV Muirgen



Peter Ricks
Northwest Regional Manager
NOVAMAR INSURANCE GROUP, INC.
WA Lic #249824

2500 Westlake Avenue N, Suite D
Seattle, WA 98109

Office: (800) 823 2798
Direct: (206) 350-5051
Mobile: (253) 377-0649
Fax: (206) 281-8036
Add us to your address book


Established: 1987 with offices in: Seattle/So. California/Sarasota/Puerto Vallarta
__________________
Vessel Name: Muirgen
Vessel Model: 50' Beebe Passagemaker
slowgoesit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 06:28 AM   #8
Guru
 
slowgoesit's Avatar
 
City: Puget Sound
Vessel Name: Muirgen
Vessel Model: 50' Beebe Passagemaker
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 834
I attempted to contact you via PM, but your link doesn't support PM, or I am doing something wrong.


Regardless, we were waiting to sign up pending closing on our new boat. We would like to attend with our SOB if dock space is still available. What do I need to do ?



Quote:
Originally Posted by menzies View Post
OK we are all booked up. Who else is a DeFever Cruiser member and planning on attending? Sept 17-19 in Anacortes.

-----------------------------------------------------------

PACIFIC NORTHWEST
DEFEVER CRUISERS RENDEZVOUS
Now Set for September 2021
Anacortes Washington

REGISTER NOW for the 2021 PNW DeFever Cruisers Rendezvous in Anacortes
Washington! The Rendezvous is scheduled at both the Cap Sante Marina and the Anacortes Yacht Club facilities.

This Rendezvous is not to be missed! Meet fellow DeFever owners and get priceless information for a very modest cost.

New registrations for the rendezvous on September 17,18 and19 continue to come in and as of January 8, 2020, 46 Cruisers and 15 boats are now registered to attend!

Early registrations aid planning for an even better rendezvous and our liberal refund policy eliminates risk for those who must change their plans.
__________________
Vessel Name: Muirgen
Vessel Model: 50' Beebe Passagemaker
slowgoesit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 06:38 AM   #9
Guru
 
City: Carefree, Arizona
Vessel Name: sunchaser V
Vessel Model: DeFever 48
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 9,146
Slow
Suggest you contact DeFever CF directly.
sunchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 11:22 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
City: NW Nevada
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowgoesit View Post
I attempted to contact you via PM, but your link doesn't support PM, or I am doing something wrong.


Regardless, we were waiting to sign up pending closing on our new boat. We would like to attend with our SOB if dock space is still available. What do I need to do ?
I'm a member, I may go, not sure yet. But here is the registration link:

https://www.cognitoforms.com/DeFever...usRegistration
Alaskaflyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 12:36 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
w8n4sun's Avatar
 
City: Seattle
Vessel Name: Mabuhay
Vessel Model: Grand Alaskan
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 295
Are Grand Alaskan's represented and welcome to this event?

What topics are covered in the seminars?
w8n4sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 01:21 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
City: NW Nevada
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by w8n4sun View Post
Are Grand Alaskan's represented and welcome to this event?

What topics are covered in the seminars?
It's my understanding that they are represented, a few members on the Defever Cruisers forum possess them. And I know any interested boaters have previously been invited to register and come.

Not sure the seminar schedule is fixed yet for 2021 though I haven't been paying much attention FWIW.
__________________

Alaskaflyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Trawler Port Captains
Port Captains are TF volunteers who can serve as local guides or assist with local arrangements and information. Search below to locate Port Captains near your destination. To learn more about this program read here: TF Port Captain Program





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012
×