DeFever PNW Rendezvous!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

menzies

Guru
Vessel Name
SONAS
Vessel Make
Grand Alaskan 53
OK we are all booked up. Who else is a DeFever Cruiser member and planning on attending? Sept 17-19 in Anacortes.

-----------------------------------------------------------

PACIFIC NORTHWEST
DEFEVER CRUISERS RENDEZVOUS
Now Set for September 2021
Anacortes Washington

REGISTER NOW for the 2021 PNW DeFever Cruisers Rendezvous in Anacortes
Washington! The Rendezvous is scheduled at both the Cap Sante Marina and the Anacortes Yacht Club facilities.

This Rendezvous is not to be missed! Meet fellow DeFever owners and get priceless information for a very modest cost.

New registrations for the rendezvous on September 17,18 and19 continue to come in and as of January 8, 2020, 46 Cruisers and 15 boats are now registered to attend!

Early registrations aid planning for an even better rendezvous and our liberal refund policy eliminates risk for those who must change their plans.

I'd guess the virus will put a damper on these types of events. Tough to plan anything for 7 months ahead.

I'd guess the virus will put a damper on these types of events. Tough to plan anything for 7 months ahead.

It was all set for last September but was canned, so we carried our registration over to this year's event. Both the DeFever monies and the hotel are fully refundable. So no risk to booking and cancelling later.

We will wait a while before booking air.

We are in the process of purchasing a1986 49 RPH & are planning to attend & become members! The problem I’m running into is insuring our “Antique MV”. Boat US as of 01/21 will not insure a MV of this size. We will be mooring in the Tacoma area and have no accidents and USCG Veteran. Please any help/ideas would be appreciated ASAP.

We are in the process of purchasing a1986 49 RPH & are planning to attend & become members! The problem I’m running into is insuring our “Antique MV”. Boat US as of 01/21 will not insure a MV of this size. We will be mooring in the Tacoma area and have no accidents and USCG Veteran. Please any help/ideas would be appreciated ASAP.

You might post this in the "Financial Matters and Red Tape" forum, with its own unique thread title, for a better response. Also look there for some more recent discussions on insurance industry changes for older boats that have come up this year.

We insure our 1988 Defever 49 thru Anchor Marine Underwriters. Located in Seattle. 206-273-6996.

Insurance recommendation

Congratulations on your soon to be yours boat! We're in the same situation, wanting to attend Rendezvous, but not wanting to commit until boat was ours for sure. I'll be contacting Menzies today to see if they have any more spots available.

If you have not already been steered his way, I highly recommend Peter Ricks of Novamar Insurance. Novamar is an insurance broker based out of Seattle who handles a wide array of insurers. We just bound coverage Monday on our new to us Beebe Design Passagemaker. 1982, 50' currently moored in La Conner, WA, but will be moving to Port Orchard in June. Last boat was a Grand Banks 36, and Monk 34 prior to that. 20 year hiatus between last boat and this one. Also a step up in size, U.S Army retired, USCGAux members back in the day when our GB36 was Op Facility in Hawaii. Peter got us insurance through Red Shield, based out of Portland OR. Red Shield is one of the few companies who doesn't depreciate less than total losses. Boat US declined to quote, as they apparently have a new policy in place 1 Jan 2021, not sure if it is age related, or what. Anyway, Red Shield appears to fit the bill. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Mention my name to Peter if you contact him!

Take care, Scot Kellersberger
MV Muirgen

raw

Peter Ricks
Northwest Regional Manager
NOVAMAR INSURANCE GROUP, INC.
WA Lic # 249824

2500 Westlake Avenue N, Suite D
Seattle, WA 98109

Office: (800) 823 2798
Direct: (206) 350-5051
Mobile: (253) 377-0649
Fax: (206) 281-8036
Add us to your address book

Established: 1987 with offices in: Seattle/So. California/Sarasota/Puerto Vallarta

I attempted to contact you via PM, but your link doesn't support PM, or I am doing something wrong.

Regardless, we were waiting to sign up pending closing on our new boat. We would like to attend with our SOB if dock space is still available. What do I need to do ?

OK we are all booked up. Who else is a DeFever Cruiser member and planning on attending? Sept 17-19 in Anacortes.

-----------------------------------------------------------

PACIFIC NORTHWEST
DEFEVER CRUISERS RENDEZVOUS
Now Set for September 2021
Anacortes Washington

REGISTER NOW for the 2021 PNW DeFever Cruisers Rendezvous in Anacortes
Washington! The Rendezvous is scheduled at both the Cap Sante Marina and the Anacortes Yacht Club facilities.

This Rendezvous is not to be missed! Meet fellow DeFever owners and get priceless information for a very modest cost.

New registrations for the rendezvous on September 17,18 and19 continue to come in and as of January 8, 2020, 46 Cruisers and 15 boats are now registered to attend!

Early registrations aid planning for an even better rendezvous and our liberal refund policy eliminates risk for those who must change their plans.

Slow
Suggest you contact DeFever CF directly.

Are Grand Alaskan's represented and welcome to this event?

What topics are covered in the seminars?

Are Grand Alaskan's represented and welcome to this event?

What topics are covered in the seminars?

It's my understanding that they are represented, a few members on the Defever Cruisers forum possess them. And I know any interested boaters have previously been invited to register and come.

Not sure the seminar schedule is fixed yet for 2021 though I haven't been paying much attention FWIW.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom