DeFever? - Location of Serial Number or HIN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robvald

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Lucky Star
Vessel Make
Ho Hsing
IMG_7453.JPG

I am curious to know if someone can help me find my boat serial number. built in the CTF yard 1977 I have looked in the obvious places. and crawled almost every inch of the boat doing projects. its always in the back of my mind. . boat details Make - HO HSING, 33LOA 11-9 beam, looks very much like a defever. 2 cabin doors aft cabin. twin ford lehmans 80 hp.
Thanks,
Rob

Hi Rob: the serial number should be stamped into the hull on the upper right corner of the transom. If it is not real clear, you can place a piece of paper over it and make a image on the paper by gently rubbing across the paper with a pencil.
While I own a DeFever, there are more knowledgeable salts out there about the history of Art DeFever’s designs.
Cheers, Gary

On our 1988 there was no number on the outside of the transom. The official number was on the inside of the transom. So I took a piece of stainless and inscribed the number on it and glued it to the transom.

If your boat is documented, the number will be on the certificate of documentation. If not documented, check your copy of the boat registration from the state it is registered in.

Sometimes I have seen it stamped into the stringers in the engine room.

I found our number behind the swimming platform on our defever 44 1982 model when we took it off for repainting the hull ImageUploadedByTrawler Forum1564474440.704345.jpg. I'd searched all over.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom