Old 12-13-2022, 02:26 PM   #1

City: Madisonville
Vessel Name: Nirvana
Vessel Model: 41' Litton
Bow thruster

Has anyone installed an external bow thruster on a 44 DeFever? Or other similar boat for that matter. I've had external thrusters installed on my previous boats for lack of water line at the transom. However, I've only had internal thrusters in the bow. Thinking of going with an external on the bow this time. Would like to hear from you guys first. Thanks.
Old 12-13-2022, 04:45 PM   #2
Guru

City: Edgewater, MD
Vessel Name: Catalina Jack
Vessel Model: Defever 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Life View Post
Has anyone installed an external bow thruster on a 44 DeFever? Or other similar boat for that matter. I've had external thrusters installed on my previous boats for lack of water line at the transom. However, I've only had internal thrusters in the bow. Thinking of going with an external on the bow this time. Would like to hear from you guys first. Thanks.
I own a DeFever 44. I am trying to imagine how you would mount an external thruster on the bow. I just don't see it. How would you do this?
catalinajack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 06:02 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

City: Au Gres, MI
Vessel Name: Black Dog
Vessel Model: Formula 41PC
I put 24 volt SideShift thrusters on my Formula 41PC since I didnít have the internal space to mount traditional thrusters. Had them for a year now and they work fine. Very easy to install. Took my wife and I a little over a day to do the bow and my neighbor and I did the stern thruster in one day. The company is in Canada but was extremely easy to work with and has great support when I had a question. Wireless joystick so that only needs power not control wires run to the bow and stern, big time and hassle saving. No holes below the waterline. They say they can be installed with the boat in the water but that may be doable but it would be tough. It was simple with the boat out of the water.
Comodave is offline   Reply With Quote