N46 Headroom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arthurc

Guru
Vessel Name
Sea Bear
Vessel Make
Kadey-Krogen 54
Hi,
I'm starting to look at trawlers (Krogens mostly) and was curious how the headroom is in a Nordhavn 46? I'm 6'8" so love the Krogen but curious if I should also be looking at the 46?
Thanks

I would be more worried about crawling around in that engine room at 6' 8".

I'm 6"2" and never felt constricted walking around an N46, but I realize 6'8" is a big difference.

Sorry, my experience is not very helpful I realize.

Arthur, noticed you are the one asking about kk42 galley post. Seems you don't own one, and are kicking around ideas. As for head room, I'm 6'0" and feel a bit constrained in the bed at times. At 6'8" even diagonally I don't think you would fit in the bed! Just putting it out there....

Arthur, noticed you are the one asking about kk42 galley post. Seems you don't own one, and are kicking around ideas. As for head room, I'm 6'0" and feel a bit constrained in the bed at times. At 6'8" even diagonally I don't think you would fit in the bed! Just putting it out there....

I'm in the final stages of getting a 42 (starting to find marine carpenters, etc to do the work), agree on the bed length which is why I'm looking at only the island berth configure, I'm use to my feet hanging off :)

This was more curiosity as I've looked at tons of different boats (none as good as the Krogen in headroom) but not the N46.

Most tall people comment about the good headroom in my 30' Willard. The same people built the 40' Willard and it's a very big boat. The headroom is probably generous .... but not being tall I didn't notice. You would.

Arthurc,

AAA Yachtfinders in Anacortes has a N46 listing on the dock at Cap Sante Marina. They are super helpful, and Frank Durksen is very experienced and knowledgeable. Maybe you could get in touch with them and get aboard?

Jeff

Thanks Jeff! Will look into it.
AC

At 5'11", I had difficulty getting into the engine room on the Nordhavn 46. Access as I recall was through the back of the shower stall or through the sole. In my opinion, neither provided adequate access for easy routine maintenance. I would focus on boats that have "stand-up" engine rooms. Then at least you will know you can bend a little to get in but still have enough room to work.

Best way to find out is go inspect one. It may or may not work for you but only you can really determine that.

Ditto what C lectric said....Nordy's were in the running for us until we stepped upon 2 at FLIBS. A brand new 60 and a used but clean 76 footer....No way I would buy one...yhe 60 was tight on inside space, especially the engine room and lazarette.

Ch

I own a 55 Nordahvn, which is the same as a 60 with addition cockpit space. I am 6'5" and have plenty of room and head night. I can stand in the forward section of the engine room, the rear section and Laz I need to kneel, which isn't a big deal. I would get on a few and crawl around.
Good luck tall man!

Most tall people comment about the good headroom in my 30' Willard. The same people built the 40' Willard and it's a very big boat. The headroom is probably generous .... but not being tall I didn't notice. You would.

I'm very interested in the Williard Nomad and am 6'4. Can you tell me the headroom measurement of your Willard? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom