Old 11-20-2021, 01:54 PM   #41
Guru

City: Aventura FL
Vessel Name: Kinja
Vessel Model: American Tug 34 #116 2008
Delivered in 2025? I plan on being dead by 2025 or 'stroked out', duct taped to a wheel chair, wearing a diaper LOL

I do believe you would have greater luck find a used N41.

If you can find a used AT41/43 the price will be great but you can have it almost now. Look look look
I do believe you would be pleased and happy with an American Tug.
Old 11-20-2021, 02:09 PM   #42
Guru

City: New England
Vessel Name: Culmination
Vessel Model: Helmsman 38 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDan1943 View Post
Delivered in 2025? I plan on being dead by 2025 or 'stroked out', duct taped to a wheel chair, wearing a diaper LOL

I do believe you would have greater luck find a used N41.

I don't "plan" to be either dead or vegetative by 2025, but I recognize that it's a distinct possibility (if not probability) by then.

I've been searching for a used boat for just over 2 years. Between multiple bad experiences with sleazy brokers, the lack of supply, and nosebleed high prices on even project boats, I'm pretty much giving up (of course, hindsight being 20/20, a couple of the boats I saw Fall 2019 at the beginning of the search that I passed on because I thought something 'better' would come along, I should have jumped on if I knew then what I know now, but it was hard to predict the coming and impact of the pandemic).
Old 11-20-2021, 02:42 PM   #43
Guru

City: Newport, R.I.
Vessel Name: Hippocampus
Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 42
Used Dave Balfour a Nordie broker for recent search. Personally wouldn’t want a N41. Can’t have a flybridge as it wouldn’t be able to be “A” rated with one. Think it’s a 2 person boat and our usual 4 for passage would be cramped. Would much prefer a 475 and no hot bunking or sleeping in open spaces. However about the same wait time for the 475. Wonder about the detailing on the Turkey boats but hear it’s good.

2 years ago set out to get a N43. “Settled” for a NT42. In retrospect may have been a better choice for likely use program. Sure was nice to average 10kts and have more in the bag going the wrong way through hellsgate and the C&D. On the Nordie would had to wait on the tides or crawl. Did the run nonstop so was tired at the end. Getting into Deltaville brushed the mud just outside the slips. Goosed it and free. Probably be there for 6 hours on the Nordie. All boats are comprises. Talking with the Nordie broker few are first boat sales when talking about new construction. Many are moving up inside the brand or existing boaters moving into the brand. Things have been distorted with the hot Covid market but still generally true. So some people aren’t going boatless waiting on their construction slot to start.
Hippocampus is online now   Reply With Quote