Nordic Tug 42' height

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piscator

Researching the ability of trucking a Nordic Tug 42' from the East Coast to the West coast. Having trouble finding the measurement from keel to top deck. I'm sure I'm not the first one to ask this question. Anybody have any insight on the subject?

I can take a measurement in about 5 days and let you know. What year model as I think the early models may have been a little shorter? Engine room height was greater after about 1996, and I don’t know exactly how they got that extra clearance. My guess without measuring is 16-18 feet from keel to the top of the faux stack. Removing the stack would reduce that by 20 inches or so. That would make a pretty tall load. I would call Nordic Tugs and ask how they ship cross country.

Tom

I've got an email into Nordic Tugs. I think with Covid 19 they are at reduced staff. As far as specific year. I don't have one in mind. If there is a difference in height with different years, that might drive my shopping parameters.

Buy one local and avoid the shipping?? :)

Guess I should of mentioned that I'm looking for a used NT. Around the 1999-2005 year range.

From a 2010 factory info sheet:
Shipping height rigged without mast: 16’-5” ( no fly bridge)

Back
Top Bottom