We want your stabilized, 2head/2SR, well cared for KK42

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

proudsailor

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
La Barca Beulah
Vessel Make
DeFever 44 OC
Hi KK owners,
We went to contract on our dream KK42 only to discover that it's maintenance (or lack thereof) made it a total project from bow to stern and flybridge to bilge. So we're back in the hunt for your nicely maintained and well equipped late 80s/early 90s KK42. Stabilized and 2 heads/2 SRs is the starting point. Have posted in "Boats Wanted" but wanted some extra traction here as we've been set on Kadeys since we climbed aboard them. Thanks for your consideration!
Mark & Patty

We've upped the ante

In typical fashion, we've had to expand our search. Would love to see your 90s model 2 head 2 SR KK42. We continue to actively search and hope this year proves fruitful. Thanks!

Hope you were successful in getting your refund. Because i had almost similar experience in the past afyer contracting before viewing but then didn't get my refunds in time.

Last edited:
Hope you were successful in getting your refund. Because i had almost similar experience in the past afyer contracting before viewing but then didn't get my refunds in time.

Huh???

One of our members posted a kk42 two days ago here on the forum:

https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s9/kadeykrogen-42-sale-66890.html

It's an 1983, so maybe a little older than you're looking for though.

Has paravane stabilizers, two staterooms, and two heads. Give him a call!

Thanks- We're still working full time, so bringing that lovely KK42 from Washington state to Washington DC would be logistically too much! Although she does check the boxes. Best- Mark

Thanks- We're still working full time, so bringing that lovely KK42 from Washington state to Washington DC would be logistically too much! Although she does check the boxes. Best- Mark

The new owners of our KK42 shipped her to the PNW from the east coast after cruising from Florida to Maine and back over a 2 year period. She went as deck cargo via Sevenstar Yacht Transport. The pick up date was bumped but other than that it was seamless. They shipped her now that they are back working full time.

Last edited:
How do you go under contract without knowing anything about the boat? What about your survey?

pete

How do you go under contract without knowing anything about the boat? What about your survey?

pete
Pete
Many (myself included) have entered into a contract before viewing a boat of interest. It is useful when buyers are distant from the boat and want some assurance they weren't spending significant $ for travel, lodging & survey and leave the seller open to closing a deal with another party after we have $ invested.
The key is to include sufficient contingencies that protect the buyer and provide clear paths to get out of the commitment. Having a deposit held in escrow is also key.

pete

We put up earnest money, and signed a contract for our current boat, sight unseen, :dance:however I spent at least 4 hours on the phone with the very patient broker, about 3 hours of which was facetime, with him crawling through the boat realtime. I also spent about 6 or 7 hours on the phone with the Seller prior to putting in the offer.

So, although we had not physically seen the boat, we DID know a lot about it.
Then flew from Kentucky to Washington State for inspection, survey, haulout and sea trial. It was as represented. Survey found nothing that hadn't already been disclosed.:thumb: The only hiccup was lost oil samples, which had to be redone. :popcorn:

pete

Wording may have been incorrect. We did go to survey after signing a contract. Survey proved it quite the project boat and our expensive lesson to have learned. So we continue the search.

Back
Top Bottom