Manatee Owners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have narrowed our search for our boat to two manatees. One dies not have a bow thruster. Can some comments be made about maneuvering without a bow thruster. Also, for those who have added one, what can I expect to pay to have one installed. Thank you folks

Thom

Thom, we have owned our Manatee for 11 years without the use of a thruster. I have thought about adding a bow thruster but I would want a hydralic powered thruster. So far I've rely on prudent docking taking into account wind and current and a 100' dockline. Best quote I've heard concerning thrusters is " they work fine if the winds not blowing".

Hi Kemancha,

I'm beginning to think that we have the only Canadian registered Manatee. As with any boat purchase, have a good surveyor, but if it's a small trawler your looking for, you'd be hard pressed to find anything more comfortable or economical*than the Manatee. We looked at a lot of boats, but knew within 10 minutes of seeing this we would buy it if it checked out. Good luck with your search.

-- Edited by DCBD on Friday 24th of December 2010 01:50:00 AM

I'm wondering if you still have your Manatee in Sidney? We are also on Vancouver Island and are seriously hunting for one. We are undecided about the 2 stateroom verses the 1 stateroom and only a 2 is available right now in the PNW. Murphy's Law is that we're leaning towards the 1 stateroom!

Back
Top Bottom