Manatee galley project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ftbinc

Vessel Name
Oma
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogan\Manatee
Hello fellow Manatee owners.
I have some questions about our galley structures
1. To the left of the stove, there is a round rather deep compartment with a round hole in the lid. We have been stirring some pots in there, but it is a bad use of space. How have others utilizes this space? We are planning on redoing the countertop and are looking for ideas

2. The right side of the stove there is a cabinet with a 4 inch opening that extends all the way to the bulkhead between the galley and the state room. How have others utilized this space?

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions and advice

Paul
MV OMA

Hi Paul
1. We use the round storage bin to store extra cans of pop, juice, etc. The counter space is awkward, so we placed a "lazy susan" over the lid to manage for our coffee machines, blender and frother.
2. On the right side of the stove we have a slide out spice rack, but this extends from the counter front to the hull. I am not sure that this is the space that you are describing as extending from the galley to the stateroom?
Mike

Attachments

• 20221002_122049.jpg
    20221002_122049.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20221002_121930.jpg
    20221002_121930.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 10
I have so many other projects that I really haven’t done anything with either space, although there are plenty of kitchen/galley ideas to improve access and usage of the space. Generally, the Manatee has a comparatively high volume of storage space, and even though you can never have enough storage on a boat, it’s hard to get motivated to do storage projects when the boat serves one well as is.

I’m looking forward to hearing other peoples ideas, especially exploring creative and affordable modifications.

Back
Top Bottom