Lehman 120 cold start button

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Selidster

Vessel Name
Lemonade
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 42 - 016
The PO of our boat created a beautiful "Atlas" of the boat. It explains almost everything about using and taking care of things. But a lot has changed on the boat over the years so I'm trying to update it while still on quarantine.

The book says there is a cold start button on the fuel injector pump.

As it's written in the book:
"Not mentioned in the operation manual for some extraordinary reason, on the starboard side of the engine - just below the throttle control - is a button for cold starting. Put the throttle full ahead; depress the button; go up to the bridge and start as normal."

I cannot locate this "Button". I was hoping someone might know more about it, where it is exactly, and possibly a picture of it. Maybe at some point the fuel injection pump was changed and does not have this button?

My fuel injection pump is the Simms "MINIMEC".

This is for a future needs, to confirm the cold start button exists, and to keep my book accurate.

Thank in advance,
Scott
M/V Lemonade
KK42-016

I have SP 225s and have a button on the helm for cold starts. It works like you describe. The guru for Lehmans is Brian Smith at American Diesel. 804-435-3107. If I were you I would remote wire it to the helm like mine are, much more user friendly. Good luck with your new boat.

Not the best image but see if this works
minimec-fuel-injection-pump-manual-diagram-auto-electrical-wiring.jpg

one more
Ford_Lehman_2712E_Fuel_System_Air_bleeding.jpg

Last edited:
the button is where the stop lever connection to the fuel injection pump. In my experience, yes you move the throttle forward, then I normally push the stop lever forward, then push the cold start button. Let go of the stop lever, pull the throttle back down to ~10-20% and fire it up.

Don't recall seeing it on my injection pump and I have had it in my hand a number of times. Took it out to rebuild and then reinstalled, then took it out again to check the timing. I'll have to look again.

Can't imagine a need for it though. Mine starts almost the instant I hit the start button.

pete

Ahhhhhh!!!
I have now found it. Thank you for the great information and drawings. The whole injection pump is painted so it didn't really look like anything. I really appreciate the education. I found the item in my drawing but it's called "Excess Fuel Device". I didnt realize that is the "Cold Start Button"

Back
Top Bottom